The Contortionist Megathread

• Thread starter MetalJordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
I've seen them twice since Lessard joined, and I saw Oscillator and Vessel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mcsalty

Keepin' it Kodos
Reaction score
I've seen them play Flourish, Oscillator, and Vessel with the new vocalist; can't remember if they did any others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I've seen them play Flourish, Oscillator, and Vessel with the new vocalist; can't remember if they did any others.

This, plus at least one of the 3 parts of Exoplanet, very likely more but I can't remember for sure.

Mike is doing an amazing job, and I don't think they could have picked a better person for the job

lance_pants

Reaction score
I lurked on Instagram and followed some dude with the username erock or something and he posted a studio snippet, film clip photos and said he was the keyboardist in the comments. So I'd assume this album is going to be atmospheric and synth heavy :yesway:

jjfiegel

Reaction score
Pretty sure they got a keyboardist because Jonathan played keys and Mike doesn't. Having a dedicated keyboardist will be interesting.

SmackyChot

tune l0w and 0
Reaction score
New song "Language I: Intuition"

It.
Is.
AMAZING.

The mix.... the layers....its a ogre with all these layers in the song.

Mr-Jemhead93

I think I'm profound
Reaction score
New song on iTunes

I literally stopped everything when I read this, went on itunes and bought it, jesus I thought the new Fallujah record was going to be my top album but if the rest of Language is anything like this song I think I know what my AOTY is going to be!

Reaction score
New song "Language I: Intuition"

It.
Is.
AMAZING.

The mix.... the layers....its a ogre with all these layers in the song.

It is perfect. So much dreamscape audio perfection. I love the bass tone in the first verse. The groove, the beauty, the majesty. I am in love. I can't wait to hear it transition into the next song. Oh and Lessard is a perfect fit for the band. This has the mood of a deftones song but with more added detail. The snare tone in the bridge is very digital bath.

"DRIFT WITH THE EBB AND FLOW" < a perfect self aware summation of my listening experience.

Timelesseer

Reaction score
I just started to get into this band with Intrinsic, so the 'softer' side of them has always appealed to me more. This new track sounds amazing, if the rest of the album delivers like that, it may top Monuments' new album for AOTY for me.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
I wasn't sure how this album could top Intrinsic,but holy damn. This track gives me hope that it very well may. Mike is such a ridiculous singer, as well as a perfect addition to this band.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
i really like it, but i'm worried by how muffled the guitars sound. i'm hearing vocals and drums, and maybe some bass. i really have to listen for the guitars, and that bothers me.