The CRAZIEST guitar gear collection on the internet?

• Thread starter BadSeed
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I've done layaway for a few things here and there because of limited or intermittent availability when I didn't have the cash on hand. Credit cards are for routine little things like my phone bill to build credit and emergencies to destroy it.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
For me 1) keeping track of what's going on 2) not accidentally running anything over the 30 day limit where it starts accruing interest
My bank emails me 7? Days before its due and i just pay it then. But then, only one cc :lol:

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Why arent people just paying their monthly cc bill? Why 4 payments?
I have one line in my budget for "credit card" which includes all food, gas and misc items. Anything over ~150 gets its own line that month and I prefer to make a separate payment for each of those for budget tracking purposes. Like this last month I had to put an apartment deposit on my CC while I waited for money to transfer out of my savings account (thanks American banking system that shuts down on the weekends). I made a dedicated payment for that rather than trying to remember why my payment was so high for the month of March when I look back in 6 months.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
All of my accounts are monthly statements and it’s easier for me to reconcile a monthly payment to a monthly balance than guess at a weekly partial monthly balance payment.
ahh, I just do it for convenience mostly, I don't have any fixed recurring charges on my single CC so just pay it off. Usually random food charges or gas, not often.... other stuff then the occasional business travel.

jaxadam

Reaction score
And don’t even get me started on Amex’s fucked up credit application to previous statement closing balances.

Say I have a statement balance closing on March 30 of 10k with a payment date of April 15. In the mean time I get a 1k credit on the current statement. Well, Amex applies that credit to what you currently owe on the previous balance so now you owe 9k and it’s a pain in the ass. I wish they would just credit whatever statement the credit is for.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Amex did a "let's check in on Seabeast2K", my credit was tanking at the time many years ago, I had a zero balance with Amex also my only CC. I was beginning a business trip and first thing I do is AMex a breakfast burrito at the airport........nope, card not working.
I call Amex, sorry no help sir, even though you've paid all your charges on time with us.
FAMEX4LYFE.

MatrixClaw

Whoaaa No Way!!!
Reaction score
I literally buy everything on my CC and then pay it off at the end of the month. Makes it easier to figure out expenses and I don't end up paying any interest, but gets miles or cash back in return. You also get way better protection than using a debit card. It's a win-win scenario. CCs are great if you know how to use them.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Amex did a "let's check in on Seabeast2K", my credit was tanking at the time many years ago, I had a zero balance with Amex also my only CC. I was beginning a business trip and first thing I do is AMex a breakfast burrito at the airport........nope, card not working.
I call Amex, sorry no help sir, even though you've paid all your charges on time with us.
FAMEX4LYFE.

Ironically they are the only ones that don’t get flagged for fraud when I’m out of the country.

But their credit application is so bad I would just rather not return anything. I tell people if they accidentally bought something, just keep it. Shit, I bought a Private Stock and my wife’s like WTF and I’m like well I’m not returning it it’s too much of a pain in the ass and she’s like yeah you have a point.