This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
So apparently there's going to be a bonus disk with the album? Another full album worth of songs? Has anybody heard anything about this?

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
So apparently there's going to be a bonus disk with the album? Another full album worth of songs? Has anybody heard anything about this?

Yes, the special edition contains the extra disk, which I pre-ordered :D
There is a song on there called Victim, might be interesting if it's another re-done song!

ppinkham

Reaction score
Yes, the special edition contains the extra disk, which I pre-ordered :D
There is a song on there called Victim, might be interesting if it's another re-done song!

It is. Rumor has it he had plans to redo this song for the Z2 album, but it didn't make the cut there, either.

wankerness

Reaction score

Nope, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. Guess I'll be preordering this! There was the same deal with Epicloud, too.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
The best DTP tones I've heard have all been from live show videos or when I saw them myself. I'm not really az fan of his records. I listened only to Failure and I liked it better than his previous recordings, but I wish at some point he tries to record something that sounds as good as this:

RLG167

Reaction score
Hey guys, super off-topic here, but I'm going to a Dev clinic next month, do you think he would be offended if I wore my Strapping shirt? Or are they on good terms now? I know, silly question, but Dev is my idol if I ever had one, I don't want to come off as a dick :lol:

The Mirror

Reaction score
Hey guys, super off-topic here, but I'm going to a Dev clinic next month, do you think he would be offended if I wore my Strapping shirt? Or are they on good terms now? I know, silly question, but Dev is my idol if I ever had one, I don't want to come off as a dick :lol:

What do you mean with "are they on good terms now"?

SYL started as Devin's alter ego for he wanted to start music without getting his Vai past pinned on him.

Of course he wouldn't be offended by wearing a SYL shirt. He considers City to be one of his best works and actually played two songs with Jed on the Retinal Circus, even though he absolutely closed the chapter on the SYL past.

Just don't ask him if there will be a reunion or some s....

Repner

Reaction score
I know he hasn't really kept in touch with Gene or Byron, but he is still proud of SYL. He just doesn't want to perform angry music anymore.

I was surprised when he performed an acoustic version of Love? in Glasgow last year. Probably one of the few SYL songs that works really well on acoustic.

RLG167

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm only asking because whenever someone asks he just seems so fed up with it, so I didn't want to pissed him off :lol:

Dooky

Reaction score
I think I remember reading somewhere that he just doesn't particularly like playing SYL songs anymore, because he associates that time with some negative things that he was experiencing at the time. He's said that he's still really proud of SYL, but just doesn't want to relive too many of the songs.

Tesla

Augmented User
Reaction score

He will have absolutely no problem with it whatsoever. They were never not on good terms. He just retired it as his mindset changed as he got older. He's still super proud of SYL.

Enjoy the clinic, I've been to one before and they're a lot of fun.

RLG167

Reaction score
He will have absolutely no problem with it whatsoever. They were never not on good terms. He just retired it as his mindset changed as he got older. He's still super proud of SYL.

Enjoy the clinic, I've been to one before and they're a lot of fun.

Thanks! Yeah, the store hasn't announced it yet, but I was talking to the owner the other day and he let it slip :D DTP is playing a show at a theater near the store that night, so Dev's booked for a clinic the day of the show.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Sadly, the individual tracks being put out aren't showing up in Spotify (possibly because Canada).

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Got the album. Listened to the first CD. It kicks ASS, holy crap. Truth sounds massive. Higher is surprisingly heavy. The Transdermal whatever Ween cover song is fantastic. Stars, Transcendence and Offer Your Light are amazing.

Honestly so far the weakest song is Stormbending to me. Gonna give it a couple more spins and then check out the second disc. I am loving this album SO much.