The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

Demeyes

Reaction score
I used mine at practice with guitar for the first time on Wednesday, I was pretty happy with the results after very little tweaking. I used a SS power amp instead of my other tube one because it was bolted into the rack my other guitarist was playing through and my cables weren't long enough to reach. Still though it sounded pretty nice. I ended up playing through the Legacy model, I've never played through a real one but it got me fairly close to a tone I was happy with. I'm trying to sort out a FCB1101 controller in the next few weeks so I can get some channel switching going too.
I think I'll bring it home with me after my next practice, so far it's been left in the rehearsal space so I don't get much time tweaking it. If I bring it back I'll try and post up some clips and maybe patches if I get anything I really like from it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Well I don't like the BOW BOWWW tone to begin with, but you're comparing stereo layered, mixed, and mastered direct tones in Keith's vid to crappy unmixed unlayered mono camera audio from the average youtube demo. Even an Axe-FX will sound relatively nasty in that sort of comparison.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I used mine at practice with guitar for the first time on Wednesday, I was pretty happy with the results after very little tweaking. I used a SS power amp instead of my other tube one because it was bolted into the rack my other guitarist was playing through and my cables weren't long enough to reach. Still though it sounded pretty nice. I ended up playing through the Legacy model, I've never played through a real one but it got me fairly close to a tone I was happy with. I'm trying to sort out a FCB1101 controller in the next few weeks so I can get some channel switching going too.
I think I'll bring it home with me after my next practice, so far it's been left in the rehearsal space so I don't get much time tweaking it. If I bring it back I'll try and post up some clips and maybe patches if I get anything I really like from it.

An ultimate deciding factor is whether or not I get a good sound without the amp inbetween the 1101 and whatever method I input it to my computer.

Well I don't like the BOW BOWWW tone to begin with, but you're comparing stereo layered, mixed, and mastered direct tones in Keith's vid to crappy unmixed unlayered mono camera audio from the average youtube demo. Even an Axe-FX will sound relatively nasty in that sort of comparison.

I've been doing this long enough to sort all that out, but you've got to start somewhere good to get a better tone. Lol, and can you explain "BOW BOWWW?" :lol:

troyguitar

Reaction score
Haha, the sound that his open low strings make. I just don't care for it. It might be the playing/picking style more than the actual guitar tone, I'm not sure. It's bow like bow down, as opposed to bow and arrow.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Ah, yes, I see. But that is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. lol. :)

troyguitar

Reaction score
I was able to get it fine on my RP250 awhile ago when I was messing around, I'd have to look up the settings again but it was one of the "metal" amp models with a tubescreamer in front of it, bass and gain turned down, mids cranked. Basically nailed that style with my 9-string tuned down to a low E (1 octave).

My normal ideal tone is more like John Sykes on the first Blue Murder album though, so I don't mess around too much with those "modern" tones.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I was able to get it fine on my RP250 awhile ago when I was messing around, I'd have to look up the settings again but it was one of the "metal" amp models with a tubescreamer in front of it, bass and gain turned down, mids cranked. Basically nailed that style with my 9-string tuned down to a low E (1 octave).

My normal ideal tone is more like John Sykes on the first Blue Murder album though, so I don't mess around too much with those "modern" tones.

Awesome, I'll take that into consideration. Thanks a ton for your help.

Demeyes

Reaction score
An ultimate deciding factor is whether or not I get a good sound without the amp inbetween the 1101 and whatever method I input it to my computer.
If I do get around to recording I'll not be micing anything, just running one of the line outs into my interface and using impulses on that signal.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
If I do get around to recording I'll not be micing anything, just running one of the line outs into my interface and using impulses on that signal.

Perfect! I wait longingly at the edge of my seat. :)

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
ive just been sold on this as I have foind out it splits effects when you do 4 cable and that clip =D now to save up hahaha

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
So ProGuitar Shop is offering free international shipping right now. I've just scored a new one for $425.00 plus Brazilian absurd custom rates. I can't wait!

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
I got my GSP1101 used, and it didn't come with the cable that connects to my USB so i could actually update it..What cable to i need exactly?

Hammy

Sevenstringer
Reaction score
I got my GSP1101 used, and it didn't come with the cable that connects to my USB so i could actually update it..What cable to i need exactly?

Just a regular USB A to B, something like this:

usb-ab.jpg

Nick1

Reaction score
I had a 2120 and it was cool for a while. Then I turn it on one day and all my settings are gone.....So after some research the 2120 was gone. I moved to Engl.....Then to Peavey then to Marshall then to Blackstar then to Egnater..... Yes Im indeed an amp whore.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
My amp's send output stopped working this week, so I returned to the old pod x3 -> poweramp in formula.

You know what, it sounded a lot better than I remembered. I had also forgotten how easier life can be without tapdancing my way through the pod, the amp's footswitch, and the TS-9. I'm trying not to hold high expactations on the gsp, but, since it seems so much better for rock than the pod, it's becoming harder and harder.