The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can record direct by USB. I'm guessing where the manual refers to XLR it is talking about the routing of the audio and letting you know the audio that is sent by USB is routed from the XLR outputs, this is significant as in most cases the setup on the 1/4 outputs is slightly different to the XLR outputs so that it is possible to have cab modeling to FOH and no cab modeling and an optimised signal going to your rig.

You do not need an interface, the GSP1101 is a recording interface.

For the purpose of recording guitar I see no benefit in using a separate interface.

I have not experienced latency issues, YMMV.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Yes you can record direct by USB. I'm guessing where the manual refers to XLR it is talking about the routing of the audio and letting you know the audio that is sent by USB is routed from the XLR outputs, this is significant as in most cases the setup on the 1/4 outputs is slightly different to the XLR outputs so that it is possible to have cab modeling to FOH and no cab modeling and an optimised signal going to your rig.

You do not need an interface, the GSP1101 is a recording interface.

For the purpose of recording guitar I see no benefit in using a separate interface.

I have not experienced latency issues, YMMV.

Thanks Steve, that's what I was hoping. I think I may be sold on the GSP.

I was about to get an Axe-FX Ultra, but I don't think I really need it to be honest. Now I can outfit my entire home-studio with the money I saved for the AxeFx. :hbang: Next week is going to be filled with new gear for me!

Bevo

Reaction score
Got my GSP1101 and played it for a while and it was great, love the marshall tones!

Just did the C48 update and it went well but now when I go to X edit it says a parameter with ID 3053 posistion 0 in not in the collection?
It then goes off, any ideas?

elbiatcho1

Reaction score
Just did the C48 update and it went well but now when I go to X edit it says a parameter with ID 3053 posistion 0 in not in the collection?
It then goes off, any ideas?
Are you using the special xedit that goes with that firmware version?

Bevo

Reaction score
Thanks bud!!

I could not get my computer to shut down yesterday so i had to remove the program I installed which worked.
Went back and got the Beta x-edit and I am all good.

Will have to add a picture of my new rig later.

George Djentson

Meet George Djentson
Reaction score
cool. is there a list of what the beta firmware actually updates and changes? I can't seem to find a good list. I see people talking about Orange and 5150 models and I'm assuming these are in the update? cause that would totally get me hot in the pants.

budule

Reaction score
Hi, here's my attempt to re-create Dime's tone with my gsp101

zip file contains :

- gsp preset
- song with my current tuning in Eb
- song with my guitars pitch down on reaper

No fx, no post Eq.

drag_waters.zip

elbiatcho1

Reaction score
cool. is there a list of what the beta firmware actually updates and changes? I can't seem to find a good list. I see people talking about Orange and 5150 models and I'm assuming these are in the update? cause that would totally get me hot in the pants.

Pretty much everything you need to know is on the mustbebeta.com website.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some ass vids of the GSP and some really rusty playing. I have a cut on my left index finger which is still healing.

Bevo

Reaction score
Guys, had to bump us back to the front page!

Looking for a Ampeg SS tone ala Dying Fetus, anyone find the right model to build it off?

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet......

According to the official "beta" site, there's another version of the firmware coming out soon.

Check the forum on www.mustbebeta.com

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
New firmware has been coming out "soon" for quite some time. Until recently it seemed like a pipe dream. However, it does seem like there really is something happening for real now. But how soon? Impossible to say.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
Well, dude says that the harmonizer fix is actually done now so it should be soon. Sadly, I'd wager that the harmonizer fix is going to be the only thing different from c48

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
I'm sure it won't be the ONLY thing. How much better C49 will be... we'll just have to wait and see. Even with C48 as it is today, the 1101 at $400/unit is about the best bang for the buck in modeling. I think I paid $640 with the Control2 included.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
I'm sure it won't be the ONLY thing. How much better C49 will be... we'll just have to wait and see. Even with C48 as it is today, the 1101 at $400/unit is about the best bang for the buck in modeling. I think I paid $640 with the Control2 included.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I'm still incredibly happy with the unit.

Here's what he wrote, specifically:

"A DSP engineer is helping me with the harmonizer and hopefully soon I'll post another version.
I'll also try and get a few more bugs fixed and maybe even some small features."

If we actually end up getting this update, I'd be willing to bet the harmonizer is going to be the only noticeable change.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Man I wish they'd move the pre-eq to the compressor slot. I've messed around with the JCM800 and one other model, but still just cant dial in anything better than that Engl patch. Threw a BBE that was laying around in the rack and that made things pretty nice, too.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually Stan said the biggest hold up for C49 is they don't have anyone to work on the Mac x-edit.