The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

chopeth

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering one of these to go along my recently acquired rack preamp. Looks like a portable rig using a 2U shallow rack case.

I could sell you mine as I can't play anymore in my band because of parental duties, though I like it so much it might be painful to say goodbye to this wonderful unit.

Splenetic

Reaction score
Gotta love the fact that a 13 year old modeling unit still has an alive and well megathread, and is still considered a good unit. GSP1101 rules. I love mine and am not letting it go until it dies beyond repair.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Gotta love the fact that a 13 year old modeling unit still has an alive and well megathread, and is still considered a good unit. GSP1101 rules. I love mine and am not letting it go until it dies beyond repair.
I said the same until i picked up a Pod GO. Honestly, you only get a hair more out of it in the "feel" department vs the GSP. I would still have mine but im a good friend, and my best friend didn't have anything at all to play through so i hooked him up with my GSP + Control2. Fucker doesn't have to fight with patches getting good tones either, it's still got all my presets in there lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I could sell you mine as I can't play anymore in my band because of parental duties, though I like it so much it might be painful to say goodbye to this wonderful unit.

Do you have the Control 2 floorboard as well?

sonoftheoldnorth

Reaction score
For anyone wondering about the 5150 SIM on the GSP1101, it's absolutely bang on. I have a 6505+ and a Kartakou Colossus preamp, so I'm quite familiar with the sound. The GSP1101 is in the rack with the Colossus in 4CM. Boosted with (physical) Maxon OD808 and through a Peavey Classic Series 60/60 tube Poweramp, I've dialed it in to almost the same EQ on the Colossus and it sounds EXACTLY the same. I can't tell the difference at all, other than Colossus has a bit more low end thump. Though this could probably be added in with the parametric EQ on the GSP1101. It's very impressive for such an 'outdated' unit. If it wasn't for the novelty of having the Colossus and the fact it has quite a nice clean channel, I would basically have no need of it, it's that close.

DarkCide

Reaction score
I would like to get some thoughts and ideas on this set up and possible changes.

I am considering the GSP1101 to replace the Replifex, Sabine tuner, the ISP Decimator, MXR 6-band. The GSP1101 can also provide Wah effect and the 4 cable method will allow more options and to add the compressor before the amp.

My concern is, how well can the GSP1101 replace all of these and the sound quality? I do not want to deal with tone suck!

Thoughts?

Current set up:

IMG-20210805-234728335-HDR-1.jpg

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
I remember the tuner on the GSP1101 being slow to track. Otherwise, I bet you will like it.

I have a similar setup with an e530 and Fryette power amp, but I also have a Korg rack tuner for the issue mentioned above.

DarkCide

Reaction score
I remember the tuner on the GSP1101 being slow to track. Otherwise, I bet you will like it.

I have a similar setup with an e530 and Fryette power amp, but I also have a Korg rack tuner for the issue mentioned above.
I'm not gonna gig the rack. Does the tuner show on the control 2? Is it fast enough for a home studio?

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Yes, it displays on the control 2. It definitely works, but not great. I can try it again and report back…it has been a while

Turd Ferguson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Not sure how much better it got, but the release notes for Must Be Beta version C63 say the tuner algorithms have been "updated to match those of the Hardwire series."

My GSP has had C63 since the day I got it so I can't say if the tuner is better than stock, but worth checking into if you haven't upgraded.

Shask

Reaction score
I would like to get some thoughts and ideas on this set up and possible changes.

I am considering the GSP1101 to replace the Replifex, Sabine tuner, the ISP Decimator, MXR 6-band. The GSP1101 can also provide Wah effect and the 4 cable method will allow more options and to add the compressor before the amp.

My concern is, how well can the GSP1101 replace all of these and the sound quality? I do not want to deal with tone suck!

Thoughts?

Current set up:

IMG-20210805-234728335-HDR-1.jpg
It would be hard to beat the Replifex. That is one of my favorite units. :)

WarMachine

Reaction score
I'm not gonna gig the rack. Does the tuner show on the control 2? Is it fast enough for a home studio?
Tuner works. Like others have mentioned, not the fastest, but still good. And it does display on the Control 2. I didn't have the Replifex but i did have the Intellifex and the GSP rivaled it just fine. If a new version of the 1101 would come out with today's "standards" in preamps i'd be all over it.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Keep your tuner to be safe. I haven't touched mine in a decade since I got a Pitchblack, now I use the one built into the HX Stomp. Yes I still use both together and my setup is insane lol.