The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
Here's a few verrrrrrrry rough tracks I did up in a hurry. The volume is pretty low for some bizarre reason and the drum tracks didn't come through either. :scratch:

I guess there's a reason I don't do this for a living... lol......

ANYhoo, I did a minute long riff using each patch just to give an idea of how the custom IRs sound. I'd re-record them using some stock ones but they all sound pretty bad compared to the ones I've loaded in, so I don't see much of a point. :p

Anyhoo, feel free to mock away and if anyone wants the settings I can either post a picture of them or just pm them to you if you want.

Voss451's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

ps: the guitar I used is an old 'pos' Telecaster Custom w/ a Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge.

Sounds good dude, I can't wait to hear it in a mix! Naturally I like the 5150 the best. The Randall and other one (along with most of the 1101's high gain amps) just sounds to fizzy to me. I have yet to really get a patch with one. Anyway great job, hope to hear more :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
Sounds good dude, I can't wait to hear it in a mix! Naturally I like the 5150 the best. The Randall and other one (along with most of the 1101's high gain amps) just sounds to fizzy to me. I have yet to really get a patch with one. Anyway great job, hope to hear more :)

It's funny, for the 5150 patch, I have the gain set at around 41 (which is pretty low considering how much gain I normally use).

Here's what the sample was set at - minus the Guitar Hacks JJ Powertubes "JJ BBAE-Half" Impulse I have in the custom slot. As for the eq, the global is all zeroed, the lows are at 0db and the high is set to: 2db @ 6.7 KHz & wide band selected.

5150.jpg

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
Cool, I'm going to mess with that tomorrow. I actually have the gain set really low on the 5150 too, even lower for recording. Actually my entire 5150 patch is quite similar.

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
@Spinediver: can't wait to hear it when I get back home =)

Heavy Ed

singlecoil goodness
Reaction score
So I see vC63 is out. Anyone try it yet? I think I'm still running vC56. Just wondering what the most stable version is currently since the cab impulses. Opinions?

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
So I see vC63 is out. Anyone try it yet? I think I'm still running vC56. Just wondering what the most stable version is currently since the cab impulses. Opinions?

I'm still using c59. I'm just too lazy to update and it works fine.

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
I have 63 downloaded but not installed yet. I'd assume, with the time that passed between 62 and 63, that 63 SHOULD be pretty damned stable. (I haven't been on the beta forum to see what people are saying recently though)

Spinedriver

Reaction score

I'm using C59 and I haven't had any problems to speak of. From what I've read, the only real changes being made with the newer updates are fixes for the wah & whammy. And since I don't have an expression pedal to use with it, I didn't see any point.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Could somebody please help me with a level issue?
When using the gsp in the 4cm, when bypassed I loose a lot of amp volume compared to running the amp without the gsp.
Could someone share their settings for the 4cm or please help me out?

Here's a trick, dont turn the amp to off in GSP, leave it on and put the amp model to direct. That way you can change the patch volume to make up for the loss of volume from your FX Loop.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Here's a trick, dont turn the amp to off in GSP, leave it on and put the amp model to direct. That way you can change the patch volume to make up for the loss of volume from your FX Loop.

Righto I will try that, cheers mate! :yesway:

Bevo

Reaction score
Just plugged into mine and not a sound?

Checked the cable and connection to the amp then found both the output level was super scratchy and the edit/select the same. Moving it slightly it comes back on or should I say makes noise.
Hopefully its still under warrenty.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
I have a question can you use the gsp as just a direct in to guitar without any modeling? I was thinking about using some vst amps.

Kairos

Quintessentially So
Reaction score
I have a question can you use the gsp as just a direct in to guitar without any modeling? I was thinking about using some vst amps.

You can but you wouldn't really want to, IMO. If you want to reamp and use vst's just get a good interface. But if you just want to record with it then its not a very good option, as the built in usb isn't the best.

Also when I say you can I mean that I just turn off all the effects, set the amp to empty and turn the cab to direct. I can honestly get better tones from the GSP itself then from a VST.

JMP2203

Reaction score
question abouth 4cm and parellel loops:

can i use the whammy before the preamp and the other fx with kill dry after the preamp?(my amp have paralle loop)

thanks

Bevo

Reaction score
So after my GSP completly died I did all the stuff I could think of to get it going again.
Changed all the cables unplugged it to hopefuly reset it, searched the website, contacted them to see about warrenty and was going to send it back today.

Thought I would try one more time and plugged in the same cord and guitar and same output cable to the amp. Worked like nothing happened?

Crazy but I am glad its back to normal now.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
So after my GSP completly died I did all the stuff I could think of to get it going again.
Changed all the cables unplugged it to hopefuly reset it, searched the website, contacted them to see about warrenty and was going to send it back today.

Thought I would try one more time and plugged in the same cord and guitar and same output cable to the amp. Worked like nothing happened?

Crazy but I am glad its back to normal now.

Good deal :hbang:

Bevo

Reaction score
Digital, what can you do..

Well this weekend i will be picking up a VHT amp, just incase..
New amp day to follow!

TasmanSam

Reaction score
ok the 4cm is doing my head in

I CANT BALANCE THE VOLUMES

I get all my patches set up at home, thats fine. then I get to band prac and I cant get it to sound good turned up.

If I turn the volume knob on the gsp up, it makes the preamp of my 6505 louder as well on the straight in patches and it sounds like shit

Or if I turn the 6505 up on the amp itself, I cant get my gsp clean patches loud enough because again, adjusting the volume on the gsp on the front panel turns the 6505 up as well, and it sounds like shit.

what am I missing here? this is doing my fucking head in :mad:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Is your global IO set to a tube power section? Maybe mess with that. I know it makes a big difference in sound for me. If I set mine to tube instead of solid state, it sounds way different.