The Digitech GSP1101 thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metalman X

The Resplendent Sub-Human
Reaction score
Probably beating a dead horse, but I've had mine for a lil' over 6 months now. Love it....got the C48 Firmware and all.

But has ANYONE had any luck getting the thing to work with the expression pedals on the Behringer FCB1010 Midi board yet? And if so....how the hell did you do it?

I tried a tone of stuff the first few weeks of owning them together, and gave up after no luck. I'd just love to have access to Volume control for swells on some of 'synthier' patches, as well as the occasional wah and Whammy FX (I have a Digitech Expression Factory I could use for that, but I'd like to have all this in one set-up if I could just get it all to jive)

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Probably beating a dead horse, but I've had mine for a lil' over 6 months now. Love it....got the C48 Firmware and all.

But has ANYONE had any luck getting the thing to work with the expression pedals on the Behringer FCB1010 Midi board yet? And if so....how the hell did you do it?

I tried a tone of stuff the first few weeks of owning them together, and gave up after no luck. I'd just love to have access to Volume control for swells on some of 'synthier' patches, as well as the occasional wah and Whammy FX (I have a Digitech Expression Factory I could use for that, but I'd like to have all this in one set-up if I could just get it all to jive)
You have to mess around in X-edit with the settings for the expression pedals. Like certain C values in the list work with the pedals. I had spent like 30min configuring it for wah and volume. I don't have my pedal any more.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
is there a way to get x-edit without the cd? like downloading it or something?

If you're running stock firmware go to DIgitech's site and download it. If you're running Beta firmware run to mustbebeta.com and download the patched X-Edit.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
You have to mess around in X-edit with the settings for the expression pedals. Like certain C values in the list work with the pedals. I had spent like 30min configuring it for wah and volume. I don't have my pedal any more.

Does the FCB work as bad for wah as they say, or is it usable with good tweaking?

Demeyes

Reaction score
I'll be getting my FCB foot controller next week. I'm hoping I'll be able to get it up and running without much hassle. I've started using my GSP with my band as of last week for guitar. I'd been using an Engl e530 but I decided to try out the Digitech. It held up ok in practice, I could do with some more tweaking to get a little nicer tone to complement my other guitarist. Something seems to have happened the Engl pre when I took it out of the rack, next time I tried it I had no signal so I'll have to trouble shoot that and see what's broken, in the meantime I'll be using the Digitech.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the FCB work as bad for wah as they say, or is it usable with good tweaking?

Yeah it works - just adjust it for how you want it. The only thing the FCB doesn't have is click to switch on for the expression pedals.

maxident213

Reaction score
Had mine for almost six months now, I love this thing. Great tones can be had on the cheap & quick. I do wish it had another chorus FX block though, I like to make horrible noise by chaining choruses/flangers/etc. There are a lot of FX in the Chorus block to have to choose just one.

jaretthale78

7 stringed playa
Reaction score
my gsp1101 gets hot on the bottom after about 20 mins of it being on, anyone elses do that? might sound stupid but im just wondering

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
My wife just bought me a GSP1101 for my birthday....sweet!!!

I was running a stock MP-1 with a 31 band EQ in the loop into a VHT 2/90/2. Now, I plug straight into the GSP1101 with the MP-1 in the loop.

Here what I like about it:

1. The setup wizard. Running a separate preamp into a power amp? There's an option for that. Want to run it 4CM using the loop of your head? There's an option for that. There's actually 7 preconfigured scenarios you can choose from.

2. The internal/external preamp loop option. This is on per patch basis. I can have one patch using my MP-1 and then switch to another patch using the internal 5150 model. And there's nothing cludgey about it. It was designed to work this way.

For someone like me, it's the perfect balance of ease of use and tweakability. I was liking sounds from it within the first 5 minutes, so no early frustration there. Plus, there are enough virtual knobs to twiddle if I ever find the time to do it. No big learning curve, unless you want to go there.

No regrets on this one from me.

Demeyes

Reaction score
My FCB1010 came in the post today. I had a look through the manuals before hooking it up and was confused by some of what it was explaining (I'm guessing it will make more sense when I delve in as opposed to just reading) then I hooked it up and it seems to work ok for changing patches already. I'll just need to keep my patches grouped in banks for songs so I don't have to switch up or down mid song.
The B expression pedal seems to work but I'll need to adjust the values as it only seems to go from one extreme to another in the middle of the sweep. Anyone know what I should be looking at changing there?
Also the other expression pedal isn't doing anything, can both work one the same patch? I don't want to go trying to get something to work if it won't work anyway!

agitatedbells

Reaction score
I finally managed to test the gsp1101 in a band situation yesterday and it was brilliant. Cut through fantastic (other guitarist uses a mesa boogie something or another...). My lead and dirty sounds are pretty much exclusively the Mark iv preset, I also use the legacy for a couple bits. I havent settled on a clean tone yet, the Blackface seems nice. My setup is the gsp with a dunlop rackmount wah, a couple of select pedals which i havent fully decided on (probably and mxr phase 90, carbon copy delay and an electro harmonix small clone). This is all controlled by a Voodoo Lab GCX setup with the matching Ground controller, and running through a marshall 9100 into a 1936 cab.

Like I said, great piece of gear, I cant believe Digitech are dropping support for it. my ONLY gripe with it is that you cant run more than 1 mod effect at a time, For instance when I used to use a digitech whammy, for cleans i liked the mix of the original tone with the plus 1 octave setting, and a nice bit of chorus, but you can only do whammy, or chorus (hence why ill include the seperate chorus).​