The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
Well I've been trying to force myself into liking Autotheism for months now, and I jsut can't do it. The more chances I give it, the worse it sounds each time. Even the most carbon copy rewrite of Planetary Duality would be an infinite improvement over this. Goddamn it blows so fucking hard...

Dear Faceless, please go back to writing metal

Regardless of whether or not you like it how is Autotheism not metal? :spock:

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Well I've been trying to force myself into liking Autotheism for months now, and I jsut can't do it. The more chances I give it, the worse it sounds each time. Even the most carbon copy rewrite of Planetary Duality would be an infinite improvement over this. Goddamn it blows so fucking hard...

The amount of childish anguish in this thread is surprisingly high. I mean, Autotheism was different and maybe not that great, but do you guys have to be so absurd in expressing your distaste?

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score

images

jeleopard

Reaction score
I absolutely love Autotheism.

Probably because it reeks of Townsend influence and Townsend is my all time favorite...

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Maybe Lyle can work on Abhorrent now

mn9D965.jpg

Oh wait, that's why he left? YES

Reaction score

I LOVE THIS MEME!

It kind of reminds me of that horrendous song "A Little Piece of Heaven" of sellouts A7X and a mix of Suffocation with Devin Townsend. I love the the album. I love every album by The Faceless and they are without a doubt on of my top influences in my own music (the influence is kind of blaringly obvious). But anyway, my fanboy moment is over.

Their new music video that came out today is pretty f-ing sick! :metal:

the fuhrer

Reaction score
I have loved everything from The Faceless, until this video. The song is awesome but I feel the video is just plain cheesy.

froghawk

Reaction score
Because there's nothing cheesy or cliche about horror carnival music with children singing 'la-la-la' and lyrics quoting Nietzsche?