The Faceless Megathread ("Autotheism" available 08.14.12)

anomynous

Reaction score
Ok, I have to say what the fuck is with the syncing in the video? Solo's not even close to in sync.

Not to mention the audio clipping.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
^A lot of the videos on the Sumerian Channel have messed up audio. The Recreate video sounds like there is a blanket over the speakers.

Cool video! I'm dying to catch these guys live.

Sunyata

Bro Story Cool
Reaction score
you spelled amazing wrong. you meant "that burzum shirt is amazing though

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of low-IQ, deluded, racist murderers who applaud the deaths of children. Wearing that shirt is in very poor taste, and implicitly normalizes/promotes the views of that lunatic.

On topic though, video needs more Evan Brewer. His slow nodding is hilarious.

Edit: Thanks for the rep. I am truly a horrible person for not supporting vile bigots.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Dat video/new Faceless direction......

thumbs_down.gif

hFUYU.gif

pft-thumbsdown.gif

tumblr_lsv5t8uGTL1qeo9kno1_500.gif

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
The whole video seemed to kinda portray atheism in a bad light in some weird way. :lol:

And as a staunch atheist, this makes me sad. :( It did kinda look like they were atheist terrorists.

anomynous

Reaction score
I didn't think the video was THAT bad with the Atheism thing....until the end where they arrested the priest.

st_facepalm.gif

2mq1cmg.gif

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dug the album, digging the video.

Not sure about the last time I saw people getting so hung up over the details of a metal video. :lol:

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Well I don't think it's that good I don't like the subtitles -.-, on the other hand they don't take it too serious...

after all it's SEXY SAX GUY playing the solo!

And I don't like the Burzum shirt at all, I wouldn't wear a shirt from a guy who simpathizes with Nazis, no matter how good his music is.

anomynous

Reaction score
The Sexy Sax guy played it on the album too, he's not in the video just for it to be like "Hey its that Sax guy"

If you didn't know that. Or for anyone reading this post.

A PSA of sorts.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
The Sexy Sax guy played it on the album too, he's not in the video just for it to be like "Hey its that Sax guy"

If you didn't know that. Or for anyone reading this post.

A PSA of sorts.

Really?! o_O
That's funny... and coool...
thought it was a bad joke in the clip.

elnyrb10

fly you fools
Reaction score
And I don't like the Burzum shirt at all, I wouldn't wear a shirt from a guy who simpathizes with Nazis, no matter how good his music is.[/QUOTE]

i would only wear a burzum shirt to show my like for the music. i do no support varg or his theories on anything, just a fan of the music. and the music video didnt really do anything for me just kinda ehh about it.

it did make me confused about the theme of the album because this video seemed pretty atheist whereas the theme of album was obviously auto theism which implies a belief in a deity: yourself. idk maybe I'm missing something but thats what i got out of it

I Voyager

Reaction score
Anyone bitching about the Burzum shirt should probably take a closer look at it...

bambi2-559x496.jpg

splinter8451

Reaction score
Yeah because him wearing the Burzum shirt means all that shit :lol:

I like the video. It is always nice to see a video that is not in a warehouse, with the band jamming out, with a gloomy filter on the video.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Pretty sure the video was intentionally cheesy

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Hopefully:ugh:

It has epic sax guy, Evan Brewer is laughing through most of it, Michael Keene is a pretty smart guy and no way he does that "god is dead" line unless he's doing it tongue-in-cheek