The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Must be the week for broken toes. I slammed my left foot into the ottoman accidentally last Saturday and busted one, dislocated another. What fun getting that all straightened out. I didn't go to the doc. Been through this all way too many times in the past. It's just a sitch where you gotta straighten things out, and hope you don't run into anything else while it heals. Bleh.

Friday, half work day. I have a scene I've been looking forward to writing for about a month that's sitting on the queue for this afternoon, but I also have some house bullshit to deal with. It'll be a race to see if I get to the fun stuff, or if that has to wait until next week.

Adulting sucks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Got up this morning, chilled for an hour and practiced guitar for a bit, then walked around the beach for a couple hours and had a coffee, went to Target, cooked some lunch, cleaned the kitchen. Now it's early afternoon and still sunny outside - and I'm not sure what to do for the next 8-9 hours before bed lol. Guess I'll take a shower and have a NA beer but that will only kill like an hour.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So I cut my finger yesterday working on my dad's boat. Fast forward to today, I forgot about it until I was making chili. You know, I've had stuff like salt and lemon juice, and other stuff that stings get in a cut before and it's not that bad. I was de seeding and stemming dried chiles to make the sauce, and got a ghost pepper seed stuck to it. Fuck my life...that shits worse than when you rub your eyes after cutting peppers.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Got up this morning, chilled for an hour and practiced guitar for a bit, then walked around the beach for a couple hours and had a coffee, went to Target, cooked some lunch, cleaned the kitchen. Now it's early afternoon and still sunny outside - and I'm not sure what to do for the next 8-9 hours before bed lol. Guess I'll take a shower and have a NA beer but that will only kill like an hour.

I really wish I had that problem sometimes. I'm just so overwhelmed with stuff to do that I end up not doing anything because of that :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
The goddamned mf-ing winter just won't end :wallbash: On Saturday as I was driving home from the grocery store, I thought to myself I should consider changing to summer tyres... Then on Sunday I wake up and look out the window and I'm like this close |-| to closing the curtains and going back to bed (forever). It had snowed so much during the night that you literally couldn't see the tyres of the car at all.

And at the same time apparently this year has been the warmest ever. Of course that's a global a median temperature or something, but still, over here this winter has been the coldest and longest of my lifetime.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I bought weed from this suit-and-tie Libertarian kid for a while, the one thing I really respected (aside from his prices) is he was completely up front about the fact that they would just make up names for the stuff. I'd always do a big internal eyeroll when someone would try to convince me I was getting some fantastical strain, like idgaf, I'm already buying, you don't need to sell it to me, it's green and I'm gonna smoke it and that's that.

My opinion on naming strains is just to differentiate between them when buying, so you don't buy one you have tried already, didn't like, etc.

But mannnn I remember back in the day anyone with "Sour Diesel" or "Trainwreck" would have gotten me across town driving for it.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Trying to think of how many I can still remember.. this was in the days long before dro and whatever strong strains. There was chocolate sensi, red hair sensi, thai stick, Acapulco gold, popcorn, and dirt/ bunk/ homegrown ( before the days of saying "reggie")... I'm sure plenty of others as well. You knew if it came out of Louisiana or from "the valley" it was gonna suck. Also lotta shit came off of boats... contaminated with saltwater.. harsh as hell and tasted like shit...lotta times moldy. And like @wheresthefbomb said... names got thrown around a lot just for the sales-pitch aspect so you always had skepticism until in hand. Then one day the Phototron hit the scene and set the pace for quality and consistency.

Just as a quick wrap up to my little trip down memory lane... There was this Jewish kid in college.. must've weighed all of 90 lbs, wiry afro, huge black-rimmed glasses, always wore slacks with a belt and button-down oxfords tucked in, dress shoes, and drove a sweet Jeta. He was truly "the man"... always quality, always weighed over, always punctual lol, and kept track of everything in a ledger. Super nice guy too.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Super annoyed with people censoring words of social media. I sort of get writing fuck as f*ck, but why do you gotta sensor the words sex and death for example?

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Think a lot of that has to do with platforms like Instagram and TikTok flagging videos that see specific words and censoring or fucking around with their algorth. I dunno enough, nor care, but it has something to do with the algorithms on the platforms.

Or the person is just a tool.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
My mom treated me to a dinner at a restaurant. Ate a kickass salmon soup and had a couple of glasses of sparkling wine with it. That combination didn't end up sitting well with my stomach. I've been burping non-stop since then and even managed to mouth vomit a couple of times. :barf:

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
"mouth vomit" is honestly a term that I never once in my life thought I'd read.

I haven't chucked in a really long time. Sure hope that I didn't just jinx myself but yeah... probably been 8-10 years. Came close a few times and disturbingly close at least once or twice but so far averted. A hearty full-bodied food remnant and stomach bile puke is one of the worst things to experience.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Tim Allen, way back when he was a standup, before the TV career, referred to the mouth vomit phenomenon as the "vurp."

"Bring one of those bad boys up for the dentist, right! Take that you plaque bastard!"

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
Ah.. I wasn't aware that mouth-vomit meant throwing-up in your mouth without actual discharge. Thought it was just a more colorful description for a standard-issue puke.

Ugh...it's almost worse cause then you get to swallow it again...

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
"mouth vomit" is honestly a term that I never once in my life thought I'd read.

I haven't chucked in a really long time. Sure hope that I didn't just jinx myself but yeah... probably been 8-10 years. Came close a few times and disturbingly close at least once or twice but so far averted. A hearty full-bodied food remnant and stomach bile puke is one of the worst things to experience.

Yeah, I don't know the correct term but basically when you throw up and quickly swallow it is what I meant. :lol:

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood gearwhore
Reaction score
Finally got rid of my Crate GX130c. Packing it up and dragging it to UPS was a fucking pain in the ass though. I ended up ripping some skin off my thumb and the bezel off my cheap armitron watch when I was bringing it through the doorway.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Finally got rid of my Crate GX130c. Packing it up and dragging it to UPS was a fucking pain in the ass though. I ended up ripping some skin off my thumb and the bezel off my cheap armitron watch when I was bringing it through the doorway.
(Sorry about your injury.) Every word in these three sentences is perfect. This feels like Hemingway's shortest story.

Bodes

Reaction score
Facebook feed has been nothing but fucking Dennis The Menace cartoon strips for the past few days. Fuck Dennis The Menace and fuck Facebook.

Yep. I think it is almost time to give up on FB. I feel I actually have to search for my friends to see if they have posted anything, and my feeds are full of utter nonsense that I am not interested in. I think I would get rid of it, if only it weren't a place to send the occasional "here are some pics of the fam" posts for my non-immediate family members to see.