The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
So last night I finally landed this super hot ginger punk dude after a long time of us talking and flirting and all this shit, right? So he finally comes over, we fuck for 4 hours straight, I'm pulling out all the tricks and putting in some work because ya know, you gotta make a good first impression. He's more than happy, can't wait to come back, mission accomplished and I'm feeling accomplished.....

And today I wake up with my back, hips, and knees all conspiring to kill me. Today is a day of drinking lots of water, long hot epsom salt baths, and popping Ibuprofen like PEZ candy.

Listen, kids...the way you feel mentally right now never goes away. You'll always feel young mentally, BUT, there comes a point where your body tells you the true story.

Jesus fucking Christ I'm too old for this shit. If this keeps going at this rate I'm gonna need a stunt double or something. I'm going back to bed. Somebody buy me one of those life alert necklaces or get me a home care nurse.
Every once in a great while the wife and I get inebriated enough to forget how old we are and get super frisky. Inevitably we both end up needing two days of soaks and rub-downs before we start to feel like we can move again. Aging sucks.
Well I just found out one of my close friends died, and her husband passed away a couple years ago and I didn't know about it. Maybe it's because of how many friends I've had die I'm either jaded towards death or need therapy, but the first thing I thought of was

View attachment 140981
God damn, I loved that episode. The basement dwelling black metal dude being the only one with a gift was perfection. And what a gift!
Um...has anyone else noticed the level of audacity in Taco Bell's prices lately? You can buy REAL Mexican food for cheaper. Who the fuck is spending 4 dollars on a paper taco made with imitation roach meat? Y'all sell processed dog food for stoners too fucked up to have standards. I need y'all to get a damn grip.
Fuck Taco Bell. I swear to god every other time we go there the prices increase.

But if you want a real fuck you, check out the nuts of Wendy's. They're doing prime time adjustment on prices to "meet demand." Meaning, if they get busy and can't keep up, prices start to rise until they can meet the demand again. Hit it when it's slow and you *MAY* get a couple cents off a burger from standard price. But hit them during rush and you'll get charged several dollars over standard. That right there is full-fledged bullshit.

I recently read that some McDonald's were trying the same shit, and in certain cities a Big Mac could cost up to $25 during rush. The day I pay $25 for a Big Mac is the day I check out. I won't even need a gun. I'll just be like, "WHA?" and my head will explode from the stupidity.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
But if you want a real fuck you, check out the nuts of Wendy's. They're doing prime time adjustment on prices to "meet demand." Meaning, if they get busy and can't keep up, prices start to rise until they can meet the demand again. Hit it when it's slow and you *MAY* get a couple cents off a burger from standard price. But hit them during rush and you'll get charged several dollars over standard. That right there is full-fledged bullshit.

I recently read that some McDonald's were trying the same shit, and in certain cities a Big Mac could cost up to $25 during rush. The day I pay $25 for a Big Mac is the day I check out. I won't even need a gun. I'll just be like, "WHA?" and my head will explode from the stupidity.
Variable pricing, it's the capitalist's wet dream. I had an econ professor get giddy at the idea of variable pricing in all transactions.

Does Amazon do this when you're logged in (charge you a different amount based on your history)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Every once in a great while the wife and I get inebriated enough to forget how old we are and get super frisky. Inevitably we both end up needing two days of soaks and rub-downs before we start to feel like we can move again. Aging sucks.

God damn, I loved that episode. The basement dwelling black metal dude being the only one with a gift was perfection. And what a gift!

Fuck Taco Bell. I swear to god every other time we go there the prices increase.

Wendys backed off on the idea of price surging due to massive negative backlash.

Taco Bell and KFC are the last cheap options for fast food anymore. Everything else is going to run damn near sit down prices ime. Personally I'd rather pay 12$ for Chickfila, Culvers or Freddy's than 12$ for Mcdonalds, Wendys or Burger King.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Variable pricing, it's the capitalist's wet dream. I had an econ professor get giddy at the idea of variable pricing in all transactions.

Does Amazon do this when you're logged in (charge you a different amount based on your history)?
I'm sure Amazon does something. I know if you stick something in the cart for a day, then take it out, you'll see prices drop on that item for a day or two before they come back up. I've used that to get some decent discounts of some higher dollar items from time to time.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Many moons ago, and I'm too bleh to bother searching for exactly how many, I bought a seven string electric violin. It came with such shit strings on it that they popped when trying to tune up. I spent weeks hunting for new sets, and finally gave up.

Got notice yesterday that one of the places I contacted FINALLY got some in stock. $225 a set.

Good fuck. I thought bass strings were ridiculous.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
The law is seriously weird when it comes to females and violence. I've seen some odd-ball shit where wives beat their husbands relentlessly, he locks himself in a room, calls the cops, and he ends up being the one drug away in cuffs.

Good luck @Fenriswolf . Hope you or your family figure something out soon.

So update on this bullshit...they kissed and made up and I wound up with a pregnant methhead in my yard screaming about killing me and my kids, because fuck me, I don't want kids to get hurt.

I have a feeling that the only way we are going to figure something out is her finding out everyone wants to be a gangster until it's time to do gangster shit. Man I wish the justice system actually worked instead of pushing me until this is a viable option to protect my family.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
that moment when you accidentally leave put your wallet through the washer, and you're back in the US with paper money instead of the fancy plastic bills everywhere else has........

thankfully my money survived this round. 😅 That could have been real bad since I had my Christmas present money still in there.

Moongrum

Reaction score
Sunday night means.....work tomorrow!
nooo.gif
thankfully my money survived this round. 😅 That could have been real bad since I had my Christmas present money still in there.
You've had 3 months to deposit it 🤨
You a i-dont-trust-banks-i-can-hide-it-under-the-sofa-cushion kinda guy?

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I'm filing taxes, and I have to do all this emigration paperwork for having left Canada. (which you don't have to do when leaving the US as a US citizen)

Some of it's pretty wild like having to list all of your property (minus some exclusions) and whatnot. That doesn't really leave me with like anything to list since I don't own like... anything, but it's kinda crazy they may tax you on that just for leaving. It would have been a huge deal if I actually owned property and whatnot or had mutual funds or whatnot investments. They even make you list art and junk lol

Funny that they do this though when Canada is so heavily bought up by foreign investors. 🤔

And on a funnier note, there's a good chance I may get laid off by summer and will have to find a new job that could land me right back in Canada....but who knows! Maybe it's time I just get out of vfx if that happens. It's not going to get any better with AI on the horizon.
🤔

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think I accidentally pressed the plunger on my pepper spray at some point this evening, because I can smell the chili pepper and it’s making me hungry.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Sunday night means.....work tomorrow!
View attachment 141392

You've had 3 months to deposit it 🤨
You a i-dont-trust-banks-i-can-hide-it-under-the-sofa-cushion kinda guy?

I like to diversify my investments. I'm half "trying to have a legit savings account and build my credit" and half "I don't trust banks also if the apocalypse hits and I run out of toilet paper I'll still have these benjies to wipe my ass with"

I can smell the chili pepper and it’s making me hungry.

Flea-RHCP@2000x1500-1.jpg

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Welp, we just had the downsizing talk at work. Now we wait. Will I have a job? Will I get demoted? Will I stay as is? News at 11

😅

Fuck... I hope I don't have to move back to Canada after just having escaped lol

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
I used to enjoy the southern parts of Snow Mexico quite a bit during the summers. Couldn't pay me to go through a winter there, though.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I used to enjoy the southern parts of Snow Mexico quite a bit during the summers. Couldn't pay me to go through a winter there, though.
lol i didn't mind the winters. It was just the bananas cost of housing, and everything else that did me in. You think things are high in the US.... *shudder. You ain't seen nothin'.