The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Really enjoying this Ahsoka series, but also super annoyed with all the spoiler-memes on social media.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
Really enjoying this Ahsoka series
I've been kinda on the fence about it. It really feels to me like a cheap / generic sci-fi TV drama with some Star Wars paint slapped on it. All melodrama and deep-lore-bait for people who care about the long-lost half-third-cousin of the owner of the pet of the droid of a background character from a non-canon extended universe fan fic or some nonsense like that - but dressed up in that "yes, alien, but also hot chick, amirite?" thing for every character. Like the random General lady - who I think is a character from Rebels or soemthing? If you don't know the character already, there's nothing in the show to convince you who or what this person is supposed to be. She has no real role except to be a modern-drama-type-sassy green lady with tight pants who occasionally pushes the plot along by being vaguely rebellious. Sometimes the show doesn't know if it wants to be a nostalgia thing - ripping off whole bits from the original movies, or if it wants to be a more modern character drama with all the snippy dialogue like you'd get in like a Borderlands game or something, or if they want to go off the deep end with space witches for some reason.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Got new pair of combat boots from a finnish cobbler who's making them here. First I was ordering from their online shop a regular size I use, they were one size too big. Then I went to the factory to change them for smaller size, and today I noticed that the other boot had it's gusseted tongue ripped a little bit from the side where it's stitched to the boot upper leather. It's not too bad, but I hope it doesn't break anymore...

Another first world problem is that you can't find traditionally made boots in this country anymore, because all the fast fashion is more affordable and way easier to get because how market just is. You got to buy some english brands or from Italy. North America has huge amount of different boot makers, but importing them here is a hassle.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Got new pair of combat boots from a finnish cobbler who's making them here. First I was ordering from their online shop a regular size I use, they were one size too big. Then I went to the factory to change them for smaller size, and today I noticed that the other boot had it's gusseted tongue ripped a little bit from the side where it's stitched to the boot upper leather. It's not too bad, but I hope it doesn't break anymore...

Another first world problem is that you can't find traditionally made boots in this country anymore, because all the fast fashion is more affordable and way easier to get because how market just is. You got to buy some english brands or from Italy. North America has huge amount of different boot makers, but importing them here is a hassle.

Afaik Jalas and Sievi still make their boots here. I keep buying the same Sievi boots every 4-5 years when they wear out :lol:

Another FWP: I just got a notification that the temperature of my NanoPi is above 80°C (I've got a little script running that sends a push notification to my phone when that happens). Checked the temperature graph and knew immediately the fan hadn't started in the morning when I rebooted. It's headless and sshd crashed when updating, so I had to pull the plug to do a hard reset. I had to go all the way to the basement to poke it with a pen to get it running again. Temperature immediately dropped to 50°C.

Last edited:

Metropolis

Reaction score
Afaik Jalas and Sievi still make their boots here. I keep buying the same Sievi boots every 4-5 years when they wear out :lol:

I have used mostly Sievi work shoes with safety toe and never had any problems with them. And my combat boots at the mandatory military service were made by Jalas. They are quite comfortable straight out of the box, more traditional boots are pain in the ankles and toes to break them in.

But my aim in here is to have these boots for at least ten years and resole them when needed. With inject molded sole construction like Sievi and Jalas re-soling is practically impossible, and you just go and buy a new pair.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
But my aim in here is to have these boots for at least ten years and resole them when needed. With inject molded sole construction like Sievi and Jalas re-soling is practically impossible, and you just go and buy a new pair.

Ah, right. Then I don't know.

And yeah, I really liked the M05 boots too, I even considered buying a pair afterwards because they were so comfortable, but they're a bit expensive. They were brand new when I was in the army, so we were only allowed to wear them on holidays and parades etc :lol: Just like the M05 stuff in general. Normally we had to wear the M91 stuff, those weren't bad either but ugly af. The combat boots looked basically like what Goofy wears, especially mine since my feet are size 46-47 :lol:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
went to the dermatologist today, and had some AK's taken care of. They wanted to do a biopsy on a mole on the top of my bald head so they sliced me open and now I have a huge bandage that I have to leave on for the next 24 hours that's big enough to be a tiny hat.

My head is starting to hurt a little now, and I don't have any pain killers to take and I don't want to go to the store with my tiny little bandage hat, and my face that looks like a meth addict from getting those AK's frozen off. So I guess I'll just sit here and suffer for the night. lol

Sucks getting old. :lol:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Wife finally went back to work after being at home for nearly two years, and of course her PMS started the same day. So now because of those two things combined, she's a complete pain in the ass to be around.

STRHelvete

☿
Reaction score
I have to shoot some footage for a music video and I have to be on camera. This means I'm in desperate need of taking my ass to the barber shop to get my hair cut and bleached and whatnot. Having to be mindful about how I look is a bit of an annoyance but man does it ever make you feel a little insecure. Not that I think I'm hideous or anything but the idea of "I have to actually attempt to look good" is not one I'm crazy about.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I have to shoot some footage for a music video and I have to be on camera. This means I'm in desperate need of taking my ass to the barber shop to get my hair cut and bleached and whatnot. Having to be mindful about how I look is a bit of an annoyance but man does it ever make you feel a little insecure. Not that I think I'm hideous or anything but the idea of "I have to actually attempt to look good" is not one I'm crazy about.
Slipknot did it right.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Well, thanks to some bullshit at work, between work and trade school, I'm gonna be gone from about 5 AM to around 10:30PM for the next 3 weeks.

My wife doesn't understand why I would sign up for a a schedule like that, but refuses to get a job. We had this discussion. She was bitching that I didn't help with any of the house work, so we made a deal, I keep making all the money and paying everything, my house my rules, or you get a job too and we split all the house chores 50/50. I feel like I fucked myself on that deal.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Well, thanks to some bullshit at work, between work and trade school, I'm gonna be gone from about 5 AM to around 10:30PM for the next 3 weeks.

My wife doesn't understand why I would sign up for a a schedule like that, but refuses to get a job. We had this discussion. She was bitching that I didn't help with any of the house work, so we made a deal, I keep making all the money and paying everything, my house my rules, or you get a job too and we split all the house chores 50/50. I feel like I fucked myself on that deal.

Just hire some cleaners bro!

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Last 4 -5 days or so feeling dull, sleepy. Got a blood nose last night. Wtf.
Oh yeah allergies I guess, zyrtec ftw.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Got a new job awhile back, OTR truck driver.

Noticed some double vision happening infrequently but it started happening more and more.

Went to the optometrist, paid for some new glasses, waited 3 weeks and randomly stopped in and they were ready.

Double vision; they fucked up my prescription.

Have to take the next week off of work, means I’ll be kind of hammered on the schedule the week after that playing catch up and getting shitty runs.

Pisses me off, just want to see straight again.

Echoing above, it sucks getting old kids. Don’t do it.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Bought a new sofa yesterday. Been on the lookout for one for a long time already, and a couple of weeks ago we decided that we'll buy a used one since the kids will fuck it up anyway :lol: So my wife found this sofa on Facebook Marketplace, we rented a van and picked it up. It's pretty much perfect - the price we paid was roughly 1/10 of what it cost from the shop and it's only a couple of years old...

The catch is it's got a little piece of wood missing where the longer part meets the corner part, so now I gotta repair that. I'm thinking I'll either put an extra leg around there to hold it up, or just put some metal plate there to hold it up... No big deal either way.
The bigger deal is that the previous owner had a dog, and my wife's super allergic, so now we've been airing the cushions and washing the fabrics... Huge pain in the ass since it's not just 1-2 ones, but like 10-12 in total...

Demiurge

Reaction score
I'm almost looking forward to today's dentist appointment. It will be the longest duration of daytime experienced without working in some way, shape, or form in 6 weeks.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Eiher I've officially crossed the "I'm old; get off my lawn" threshold, or the Bandcamp website design is just garbage. It feels completely unintuitive whenever I'm trying to find a band's full discography and see if they offer a physical version of the album, even more so on the mobile site. Really can't tell if it's a me problem or a modern web design problem.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
there was a huge gross bug high up on my wall in my studio and I knocked him down trying to squish him..... now he's somewhere behind my desk and monitors and i can't see him.......he's there.....lurking...
..hope he doesn't crawl up my feet and legs at some point.