The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
It was already like 60F here on Monday with all the snow gone. Here's how it's looking right now...

View attachment 141498

I'm starting to feel like a broken record here, but seriously, fuck this winter. You're lucky not to have any more snow - over here we had almost half a meter this morning... Very nice... And I had already put all the snow plowing stuff away because like you said, it was like 60°F the other day. So I wake up at 7 and look outside, FUUUUUCK! Wife won't even get out of the driveway with the car at this rate. So I quickly run outside in my summer Crocs (winter ones are already stashed away), luckily the snow was still light enough that I managed to open the garage door and get the plow... Then I made some kind of snow plowing world record and everyone got to kindergarten, school and work on time.

Then another FWP. I get back inside, my feet are wet AF because I had been wearing summer Crocs in the snow, and then I toss my socks on top of a radiator to dry and get new ones, and then I figured I'll put my really nice thick wool socks on. But they're not where they're supposed to be, because my wife lost her own ones and borrowed mine instead yesterday. And lost them as well. So I had to use my backup wool socks, which are slightly too short for my liking and just a tad tight. Later I had to go outside to plow a bit more, because the actual snow plow had pushed a huge pile of snow at the front of our driveway and again, you wouldn't have been able to get in with the car, and the same thing happened again (summer Crocs again...), but then I found the good socks, in the laundry basket wrapped inside my wife's yoga pants. I'm keeping the socks on top of a curtain rod from now on so my wife can't reach them.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
I'm starting to feel like a broken record here, but seriously, fuck this winter. You're lucky not to have any more snow - over here we had almost half a meter this morning... Very nice... And I had already put all the snow plowing stuff away because like you said, it was like 60°F the other day. So I wake up at 7 and look outside, FUUUUUCK! Wife won't even get out of the driveway with the car at this rate. So I quickly run outside in my summer Crocs (winter ones are already stashed away), luckily the snow was still light enough that I managed to open the garage door and get the plow... Then I made some kind of snow plowing world record and everyone got to kindergarten, school and work on time.

Then another FWP. I get back inside, my feet are wet AF because I had been wearing summer Crocs in the snow, and then I toss my socks on top of a radiator to dry and get new ones, and then I figured I'll put my really nice thick wool socks on. But they're not where they're supposed to be, because my wife lost her own ones and borrowed mine instead yesterday. And lost them as well. So I had to use my backup wool socks, which are slightly too short for my liking and just a tad tight. Later I had to go outside to plow a bit more, because the actual snow plow had pushed a huge pile of snow at the front of our driveway and again, you wouldn't have been able to get in with the car, and the same thing happened again (summer Crocs again...), but then I found the good socks, in the laundry basket wrapped inside my wife's yoga pants. I'm keeping the socks on top of a curtain rod from now on so my wife can't reach them.

Yeah, there wasn't snow yesterday but today I think I made a record of my own and spent the longest time cleaning my car off the snow than I've ever done. Luckily I didn't clock out before that. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
I must temper this by acknowledging that I don't by any stretch live in the most severe winter climate out of the folks here, but for the most part I handle winter well. I'm mostly a homebody, I'm within the delivery radius of several grocery & liquor stores, and shoveling snow is really the only opportunity for listening to music without interruption.

What I can't stand is the mild winter that refuses to end which is the case here. As I type this, the gentle patter of rain is turning into the 'clack' of sleet and fuck this.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
I totally understand where yall are coming from. I forgot to close the window last night before going to bed and when I woke up it was all the way down to 64 degrees in my room 😱

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Winter is fine, but when it's freezing for several months straight and then it just keeps coming back when you think it's over I just can't take it. Or well, don't wanna take it I guess, ain't got much choice here :lol:

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Got a cortisone shot in my thumb yesterday, turns out I'm showing symptoms of trigger finger (no locking yet though, YIKES). It hurt like fuck. Woke me up a bunch last night after the anesthetic wore off, so I called in to work today because I'm cranky from sleep deprivation, pain, and general inconvenience. Now I'm sitting at home bored AF, normally I'd pick up my guitar but I can't because I just got a fucking cortisone shot in my thumb. UGH.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got a cortisone shot in my thumb yesterday, turns out I'm showing symptoms of trigger finger (no locking yet though, YIKES). It hurt like fuck. Woke me up a bunch last night after the anesthetic wore off, so I called in to work today because I'm cranky from sleep deprivation, pain, and general inconvenience. Now I'm sitting at home bored AF, normally I'd pick up my guitar but I can't because I just got a fucking cortisone shot in my thumb. UGH.
holy crap. I never knew that was even a thing to get those in one's thumb. Sounds like torture

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
holy crap. I never knew that was even a thing to get those in one's thumb. Sounds like torture
The last time they injected it into the CMC joint, a PA held my hand down and stretched the joint out while the doc pushed the needle into the joint and injected me. I thought that was bad... this shit was terrible. It wasn't as deep but they were injecting all the juice into the tendon sheath on the inside of the MCP joint. Sorry if you just ate. At least it was over fast.

Doc: "So you want to get a cortisone injection today?"
Me: "I mean, no, I don't want to, but if you think it's the right idea I'm prepared to." :lol:

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Got my violin strings for the seven string, which I waited for for almost two years (YiKES!). Have not had one moment not already spoken for to string up the beast.

In the meantime, I open the case once a day and stare at it now that there may finally be a chance to play it:
IMG_0077.jpg

The dual DSL setup will be used to torture the neighborhood cats soon. This I vow!

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
So I keep getting videos on TikTok about those damn (whatever genration is turning drinking age these days) kids trying the "old school cool drinks". Apparently they still make Mad Dog and Four Loko and the generation that grew up with the internet can find out what Everclear is, but not what jungle juice is.

While I did have jungle juice, did anyone from back then (80s/90s) actually drink Mad Dog or Four Loko? I was aware it was a thing, but all we ever had was Bud Lite, Lone Star and Jack Daniels, maybe some strawberry daiquiri wine coolers for the ladies.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
So I keep getting videos on TikTok about those damn (whatever genration is turning drinking age these days) kids trying the "old school cool drinks". Apparently they still make Mad Dog and Four Loko and the generation that grew up with the internet can find out what Everclear is, but not what jungle juice is.

While I did have jungle juice, did anyone from back then (80s/90s) actually drink Mad Dog or Four Loko? I was aware it was a thing, but all we ever had was Bud Lite, Lone Star and Jack Daniels, maybe some strawberry daiquiri wine coolers for the ladies.
I had refined taste. I was weaned on Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill, Bartles & Jaymes, Little Kings Creme Ale, and Old English 800.

Never had a 4loco nor any other canned heart attack drink... JD and coke for sure and Everclear soaked Gummy Bears during our more sophisticated parties.

I could put down a buncha whiskey-sours though back in the day, although Seagram's Gin & Juice was my go-to in the 90's. The girls went ape shit for Zima back then.

Last alcohol I had was probably Red Stripe. Haven't had a drop since probably 2013-2014.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score

I started drinking in the 00's but I never drank MD20/20. I was a cheap wine guy. $4 bottle of Cab or Merlot would get me where I was going. Searidge was my brand. Gato Negro, $4 cab bottle from CVS, fueled a lot of my post rock songwriting as well.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I had refined taste. I was weaned on Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill, Bartles & Jaymes, Little Kings Creme Ale, and Old English 800.

Never had a 4loco nor any other canned heart attack drink... JD and coke for sure and Everclear soaked Gummy Bears during our more sophisticated parties.

I could put down a buncha whiskey-sours though back in the day, although Seagram's Gin & Juice was my go-to in the 90's. The girls went ape shit for Zima back then.

Last alcohol I had was probably Red Stripe. Haven't had a drop since probably 2013-2014.

I'm not sure if he still does, back in the day when my parents got divorced, me and my buddies foud my moms bottle of Sloe Gin :)barf:) and his girlfriend had a bottle of Boone's Farm Fuzzy Navel. My drunk ass called it Fuzzy Bellybutton juice and I've never been able to look at Boone's Farm the same way. Bartles & Jaymes is who made those strawberry daiquiris. They were pretty good, but don't let the boys catch you drinking one.

jaxadam

Reaction score
Some girl I dated briefly in my late teens left a bottle of that Boones Farm Strawberry Hill shit in my fridge for like ever. It was a running joke for a little while.

She worked at this barbecue place, and they would put a combination of toothpicks in the top to signify what kind of sandwich it was (like one toothpick for pulled pork, maybe 1 full and one half broken for a beef and cheddar, etc…)

Well anyway I wasn’t really that in to her and she always kept bringing her smoking hot friend over so one day I just told the smoking hot friend she could keep coming over but ditch bbq chick.

So me and hot chick start dating seriously and some months go by and me and my buddy found ourselves back at the bbq place one day and got lunch.

Well homegirl was there and really didn’t say anything to me so we got our shit and I was like nice seeing you peace out yo and my buddy and I dipped out of there.

I grab my sandwich and take a bite of that shit while I’m driving and it was like 100 toothpicks all up in there. Like for real 100 toothpicks all layered in the sliced pork. I guess she was still pissed.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I ate carolina reaper puree and I have acid reflux and a mild tummy ache lol :(

We had a chili cook off at work one time. I worked with a bunch of Mexicans, and I guess they thought the spiciest thing I could eat was ice cream. They kept calling me Peachy Merry Cone. :nono:

I am very Texan, so my chili is Chili con Carne, chiles with meat. They went from from talking shit about how a white boy doesn't know spicy to finding god.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score

When I was underage drinking I always drank sweet fortified hobo wine since no one would never ask for another sip after the first one. :lol:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score

My friend group used to drink 4lokos and a shitload of smirnoff ice, or jim bean/makers mark (depending on how broke we were). We also made a metric fuckton of jungle juice back then. I remember bringing a camelbak full of it to football games and passing it around, or people had open tubs of it. Now it seems like the younguns make BORGs (blackout rage gallon or something like that). It's basically personalized gallons of jungle juice. It's pretty smart since then you can control how drunk you get, and nobody can adulterate/dose the central batch (which happened at a party I was at back in the day).