The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
My friend group used to drink 4lokos and a shitload of smirnoff ice, or jim bean/makers mark (depending on how broke we were). We also made a metric fuckton of jungle juice back then. I remember bringing a camelbak full of it to football games and passing it around, or people had open tubs of it. Now it seems like the younguns make BORGs (blackout rage gallon or something like that). It's basically personalized gallons of jungle juice. It's pretty smart since then you can control how drunk you get, and nobody can adulterate/dose the central batch (which happened at a party I was at back in the day).

What's jungle juice? Tried googling it but all I get is results for this local stupid fucking juice bar chain that happens to have the same name.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have a huge urge to buy something something gear. Whatever. I just NEED...to buy... something. So I can get some of those impulse buy endorphins.

But I can't until my accountant finishes doing my taxes in case I owe a boat load from leaving Canada. 😅

the waiting is a killer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I have a huge urge to buy something something gear. Whatever. I just NEED...to buy... something. So I can get some of those impulse buy endorphins.

But I can't until my accountant finishes doing my taxes in case I owe a boat load from leaving Canada. 😅

the waiting is a killer.
Finance a Mk VII immediately.

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
When I was underage drinking I always drank sweet fortified hobo wine since no one would never ask for another sip after the first one. :lol:

I always used to drink my mom's homemade apple wine. No-one wanted it, so I always ended up drinking waaaaaaay too much myself. My mom was "super happy" the second time I projectile vomited on the toilet door :lol: I think she actually had to disassemble the hinges and soak them in oil or something because they were covered on puke.

That said, the wine was actually really good, and all you needed to make a good cocktail out of it was add some Sprite or similar. I never added anything to it though... When I was ~15-16 I'd play Wolfenstein Enemy Territory online with my friends, and the fermentation containers were sitting right next to my door. So I had a 3 liter (almost 1 gallon) jug that I drank out of while playing and when it ran out I just refilled it right out of the container... So no wonder I threw up every once in a while :lol:

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Went to Buffalo Wild Wings with some buddies and it was like 30$ for 20 "boneless wings" aka chicken nuggets drenched in hot sauce. Bruh I can buy like 4 bags of Tyson precooked tenders for that and then buy the exact same sauce from walmart. This kind of shit is exactly why I don't eat out

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
We had one friend who made a bunch of blackberry or muscadine wine every summer, other than that we typically drank Mickey's. Really it was whatever beer we could get a ton of for cheap. Jungle juice for us was cranberry and orange juice with a bunch of cut up oranges and sugar, then how every many bottles of tequila we could get together- usually about three IIRC. We'd throw it all in a big cooler with a bag of ice and take turns shaking it for about an hour. It became a staple of a buddy's pond parties, haven't had it since. Don't miss it terribly. Gimme a sixer of Sierra Nevada and I'm set these days.

In other news, haven't found a buyer for my J custom. Kind of growing fond of it again, which happens every time I look past the inlays and flat radius for more than two seconds to realize it's the best Les Paul I've ever had. Damn thing sounds like the end of the world in the best ways possible. Decisions.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
My friend group used to drink 4lokos and a shitload of smirnoff ice, or jim bean/makers mark (depending on how broke we were). We also made a metric fuckton of jungle juice back then. I remember bringing a camelbak full of it to football games and passing it around, or people had open tubs of it. Now it seems like the younguns make BORGs (blackout rage gallon or something like that). It's basically personalized gallons of jungle juice. It's pretty smart since then you can control how drunk you get, and nobody can adulterate/dose the central batch (which happened at a party I was at back in the day).

Jungle juice wasn't that common for us, it was either just beer or Jack Daniels straight out of the bottle. But if that's your thing, that Borg thing sounds like a good idea. That being said, it was funny at one party I was at (like college age) where everyone else was doing pickleshots, and I had a coffee mug of straight Crown. Everyone's reaction when I refilled a coffee mug with whiskey...that and the time I blew up my bass amp...closest I'll ever come to feeling like Lemmy.

Lemmy ChuckberryI-1344760241.jpg

Definatley haven't had any side effects of being able to drink like that....

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Trying to record some "in the room" snippets of the Amp1 Iridium and the MKE4400 I'm using is either too fucking quiet, or clips like mad. It's really annoying because it sounds good when I can get the volume levels to the right place, and it works really well for recording acoustic stuff. I guess I just need to keep tweaking the volume on the AMP1 til I find a good spot.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Just got an email that my monthly maintenance fee is going up by 23€ starting from July. If this is going to be a yearly thing then fuck me.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
What's the monthly maintenance fee for, your apartment? Is that similar to condo fees for shovelling snow/maintaining common areas or something?

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
What's the monthly maintenance fee for, your apartment? Is that similar to condo fees for shovelling snow/maintaining common areas or something?

It's usually for general maintenance of the common areas, and then they might also put a little aside in case something breaks so they don't need to get a loan for every little thing. It could also include payments for joint loans (for example my mother in law's maintenance cost includes the downpayment for their geothermal heating system) and stuff like internet connections and cable TV etc.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Yeah but think about how much you saved in lawn maintenance and pool service!
No pool, alas. Our crummy old building did have a nicely-maintained courtyard, though. We weren't allowed to walk on the grass and we were discouraged from sitting outside around it. Had to spend a lot of time looking out the window at it to get my money's worth.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Mr. Broken Record here. We got more snow again last night. FML
So hear me out. As one who used to live in the far north, I think I have a solution for dealing with tons of snow for much of th eyear.

...build... a city. Underground. Or . or in the sky! Like above the clouds!

Problem SOLVED.

just sayin' 🤔

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Car almost certainly needs new brakes. According to the internet, full rotors and calipers is a 1k job, probably more in San Diego. The car is only worth probably 3k private sale after I fix the brakes.

I can keep this car running forever for like 1k/yr (last year was new alternator, timing belt and tires, year before was spark plugs and transmission fluid, year before was struts and strut mounts, you get the picture. It’s old, things wear out), but I’m kind of at the point where I should probably just replace it. My friends have been begging me to replace it for years.

But dang it cars are so expensive and I don’t want to pay! It’s not even like I’m using all the money that comes in each month anyway so I can totally afford one without compromising on anything else. But still. And now I gotta pick something probably in the next month or two if I want to get out of paying for this repair. Ugh.