The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
Pushing out a brake repair for 2 months is wild 😅 I assume it's not very severe at this point...
The brakes work fine but my steering wheel wiggles while I use them ~20% of the time

I’ve actually been ignoring this problem for a while and I was hoping the new tires would make it go away lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
The brakes work fine but my steering wheel wiggles while I use them ~20% of the time

I’ve actually been ignoring this problem for a while and I was hoping the new tires would make it go away lol
Good idea to at least get a free inspection/ estimate.. could just be an alignment and/ or pads... not expensive at all. And you might be able to have the rotors resurfaced instead of replaced ( which I wouldn't typically recommend but since the car is older and greatly depreciated, it would be an option). I wouldn't wait until that "oh shit" moment when it all goes south. Then it'll be way more expensive as well as more dangerous. I dunno... brake issues can lead to a catastrophic event.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
What's the monthly maintenance fee for, your apartment? Is that similar to condo fees for shovelling snow/maintaining common areas or something?

A bit under 200€ currently and yes, it's for general maintenance like cleaning the hallways and shoveling snow during winters. I went to the public sauna and pool shift yesterday and this grandpa told me that this is the first time in like 4 years they're raising it so at least it's not every year. :lol:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had to mail something today using the USPS. I sent it express. I'm guessing it'll take a month at least to get there since it's going international.

There was a guy in front of me complaining about how he had something sent that was stuck in the mail for the last 2 months. It was something business related and i heard him whisper there was $100k riding on it. Or something.

Let the fun begin!

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I had to mail something today using the USPS. I sent it express. I'm guessing it'll take a month at least to get there since it's going international.

There was a guy in front of me complaining about how he had something sent that was stuck in the mail for the last 2 months. It was something business related and i heard him whisper there was $100k riding on it. Or something.

Let the fun begin!
The last few times I've been to USPS there is always some rude fuck in front of me complaining about how slow it is, giving the postal workers shit like it's their fault.

Moongrum

Reaction score

Let the fun begin!
I've sent packages a few times to Japan via USPS and never had issues. I always choose like the 2nd or 3rd tier below the most expensive, though.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The last few times I've been to USPS there is always some rude fuck in front of me complaining about how slow it is, giving the postal workers shit like it's their fault.
that doesn't surprise me. People should go protest on Louis De Joy's front yard instead. It's all his fault things are so shitty right now.

I've sent packages a few times to Japan via USPS and never had issues. I always choose like the 2nd or 3rd tier below the most expensive, though.
oh that's good. That's what I went with. I learned the lesson the hard way last summer that sending things the fastest way doesn't mean anything here. Last thing I mailed got stuck in memphis for a month.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm on the workers side like 99.999% of the time but... I still vividly remember trying to mail something at USPS maybe 10 years ago, and there was this super long long line and only two employees were working and the lady on the right would leave and disapear to the back after helping a customer for like 5 minutes. And she walked SOOOOOO slow. Like, impossibly slow. Comically slow.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Got a good 7-8 inches of snow today. It's fucking April 23rd... It should be at least 60F by now.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Having one of those mornings. Trying to scramble to get everything done I want to do with my one moment of personal time a day, then driving to work and wondering why I waste ten hours a weekday of my life on this shit, when there's so much I could be doing at home. I'll never be able to wrap my head around the idea of retirement being a death sentence. My entire life has been setting aside shit I feel driven to do in order to go do the bullshit make-believe fucking profit oriented garbage that we've all somehow, collectively, decided is more important than literally everything else.

I have a semi-decent paying job. That's a first world problem if ever there was one.

Demiurge

Reaction score
I'll never be able to wrap my head around the idea of retirement being a death sentence. My entire life has been setting aside shit I feel driven to do in order to go do the bullshit make-believe fucking profit oriented garbage that we've all somehow, collectively, decided is more important than literally everything else.
My mother in-law complained about retirement recently and I thought my head was going to explode. I think what happened with her, though, is that her life had been work-work-work with very little focus on hobbies & interests. When retirement rolled around, she no longer had to work but she didn't have anything to fall back on so she just parlayed that extra time into doing housework & yardwork.

That outlines one of my fears, having my interests fall-away before getting the time to enjoy them. Even now, if I suddenly find myself with free time I usually waste it futzing-around because I don't know how to relax.

nightflameauto

Reaction score
That outlines one of my fears, having my interests fall-away before getting the time to enjoy them. Even now, if I suddenly find myself with free time I usually waste it futzing-around because I don't know how to relax.
I do get this fear from time to time. I have a bunch of musical instruments, and supplies and tools for building more. I also have some really nice bicycles that I wish I had more time to ride.

I have so little time to myself that about the only hobby I invest serious time in now is writing, with my other hobbies getting a few minutes here or there. But I look around my room full of things I barely ever use and think I could get a lot of money for them right now. But then I won't have them when the fabled, ever receding retirement approaches.

Edika

Reaction score
Another fwp about kids - the little fuckers keep cockblocking all the time :pissed: So basically in order to fuck, I gotta arrange so the kids are somewhere else overnight or take the wife to a hotel or something, otherwise they basically detect when we start cuddling and immediately go "mommy, daddy, I just shit my pants!" or something equally nice. Wife's rarely in the mood anyway and then you add the kids to the equation... That said, this weekend there was more action than the beginning of the year combined, so I'm happy for now.

@p0ke I'm going through the same here. But in my case I think that I might've created the issue b/c Ive just never been overly romantic or sensual or anything. So idk.. at least for me, my lack of being all Gomez Adams may have come back to bite me in the ass. And I'm good with the "once in a blue moon" thing... not like it was when I was younger and always wanting a go. But I'm definitely ready to rumble if/ when she lays down some indication that she's ready for take-off.

I can absolutely see how the kids negatively influence things though. Worst for me is when the cat jumps up on the bed and starts trying to make kitty biscuits on my bare ass... not easy to ignore but easy enough to halt.
I know this is a few pages back but I feel your pain. I'm not romantic, and that doesn't help the situation, but I always thought we'd never end up at this situation. And yet, here we are lol. Truth be told after kids got to bed they don't wake up but we're too tired and the misses libido is so low, it's down there with the Titanic.

Many moons ago, and I'm too bleh to bother searching for exactly how many, I bought a seven string electric violin. It came with such shit strings on it that they popped when trying to tune up. I spent weeks hunting for new sets, and finally gave up.

Got notice yesterday that one of the places I contacted FINALLY got some in stock. $225 a set.

Good fuck. I thought bass strings were ridiculous.
A decent set of 4 violin strings is about 5-6 D'Addario sets or about 3 of the fancier sets. The ones I get are good but cheaper and they're still as much as 3 sets of 10-46 guitar strings. And then prices just go through the rough!

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Mr. Broken Record here. We got more snow again last night. FML

You think you're Mr. Broken Record? I've been dealing with an inlaw sticking his dick in crazy for about 3-4 years now. I am so goddamned tired of trying to do stuff to defend my family.

You just gotta ask
justified-raylan-givens.gif

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Got a good 7-8 inches of snow today. It's fucking April 23rd... It should be at least 60F by now.
Yeah, it just won't end. I was literally knee-deep yesterday. Luckily the ground is warm so it melts really quickly, all the roads were already clear yesterday so even my friend who changed to summer tyres had no problem driving around in the afternoon.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Yeah, it just won't end. I was literally knee-deep yesterday. Luckily the ground is warm so it melts really quickly, all the roads were already clear yesterday so even my friend who changed to summer tyres had no problem driving around in the afternoon.

I swear I'm not gonna take my winter tires off before midsummer next year. :lol:

Latest posts