The First World Problem Thread...Voice Your Struggle

• Thread starter Steinmetzify
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doesn't that hurt?

Like having a 120lb- to who knows what squishy paperweight landing on you doesn't seem like it would feel very nice. 🤔 🤔
Thankfully most of them just land on the front of the kayak, and don't actually hit me. The only real inconvenience is the splashing. Not from the water but from the downstairs faucet.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
Women won't stop throwing themselves at me when I go kayaking.

To make matters worse, it turns on their downstairs faucet and I have no choice but to continue kayaking or drown.

I'm stuck in a nightmarish loop
I have a similar problem.
I sweep women off their feet all the time in jiu jitsu

Wiltonauer

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Marshall’s horse-shit lifestyle products that are of no use to guitarists (you know what I mean). Like a Bluetooth speaker that costs $579.99 and is not also a guitar amp. But then they have the gall to invoke the legacy of the guitar amplifiers in the marketing:

“Woburn III is guaranteed to fill any space with immersive, home-shaking Marshall signature sound.”

Exactly. Because I’ve always wanted my Diana Krall CDs to sound like they’re being played through a JCM900? They’re not fooling anyone. Building guitar amps no more makes them experts on Bluetooth speakers than it made Fender experts on car audio (remember that?).

But I think if they’d put some half-assed guitar preamp circuit and cabinet emulation in there, it would just trigger more people to buy Sparks instead.

The more products that come out, the more we have to bitch about. Amiright?

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Update: board retrieved. Bought some rope and hooks and went cliff fishing before work

You would be shocked the number of middle aged men who are willing to tie themselves to a rope of unknown strength and climb down a cliff to get some random dudes longboard.
Nice.

I am not shocked. Not in the least. Let me ask: was the rope neon?

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
You would be shocked the number of middle aged men who are willing to tie themselves to a rope of unknown strength and climb down a cliff to get some random dudes longboard.

For your next social experiment ask the same demographic what the biggest animal they think they can beat in a fight is

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
But seriously, how did you grab the board? Did you hook a wheel? That actually sounds difficult. What if the board slipped, would it have been unrecoverable?
I spent about 45 minutes hucking the hooks over the cliff hoping to catch it. I'd say by the end I was up to ~20% hit rate, but dragging the rope through bushes and stuff would make it flop off to one side or the other and I'd have to pull it up and try again. Here's a video I took after I had pulled it up about 10 feet once I knew for sure it wasn't just gonna pop back off the hook.