The Hydra: presented by Steve Vai and Ibanez

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
It should have ss frets and built-in tuner.... and metal zone... oh wait...
Damn that is so so Vai. I love it. Dunno why.
:lol:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Honestly I'm surprised Ibanez would build that, the only other extreme designs I've seen Steve play were built by others like Emerald Guitars.

Emerald only built The Ultra Zone Guitar because they were disappointed during that albums tour cycle where Vai came out fully dressed in the suit but playing boring old Evo. So here's an example where Vai's guitars got weirder because a fan wanted it. :lol:

Anyway, don't all guitarists know that everything sounds better with tubes in it?

Forget tubes. Most of us guitarists could barely a guitar with one neck, let alone three. :lol:

I would buy the triple neck JEM in a heartbeat

Same. Hell, if LACS offered me to build something now, I'd get a black graphic less version of Vai's triple neck Jem.

macky

Reaction score
Dear sweet baby Jeebus, please compel Ibanez to make 5 of these for the unwashed heathen masses at $30K a pop and mint one NFT per "guitar". The NFT profits alone will recoup the purchase price. Some clown in Switzerland is waiting for a 200 ETH floor to pick it up because his physical art deliveries are stuck on a container ship somewhere until 2023.

Reaction score
My faith in mankind would be restored if this becomes a production guitar for the masses. Let's get weird together.

I like the way you think. That would be awesome... A bit to big for a small guy like me, but I think I'd manage to find a way to play it...

Themistocles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn I love it so much! More Vai then Vai can ever be kind of thing!

And damn now I also need a guitar with a Dragonizer, just because I need a Dragonizer :)
year of steve thinking about gestating on jimmy page's dragon suit has finally begat this... if steve cant do this no one can

BdaGolfer

Reaction score
Should have been called the Cerberus, 'cos that thing is a 3 headed dog!

Would be fun to try it though, I can make anything sound bad.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Steve: (turns slightly to look at Pia) Holy shit, they said they're going to build that 3 neck guitar.
Pia: The one you trolled them about building?
Steve: Yeah.
Pia: Wait, with everything? Like the tubes and the ethernet port?
Steve: Yep.
Pia: Oh my god Steve, I told you not to do that! Now you're going to have them build that! Are you going to tell them to stop?
Steve: Not now! It would be too awkward. I guess I'll start writing some music for it.