The "I use to use Jazz Picks" Thread

• Thread starter Lasik124
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sevenstringj

Banned
Reaction score
Can a mod PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE fix the massive grammatical error in the title of the thread!

It actually hurts me inside.

469758086_051b1dd752.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

avenger

Reaction score
Still Jazz III's but these V pick Screamers are feeling pretty hot too.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I was about to buy some Jazz IIIs or Stubbys(SP?) yesterday until I realised how small they were. The pictures online always make them seem to be the same size as a standard pick, I didn't know just how small they were!

Well, more power to you guys that use them, I just can't fathom holding that tiny thing.

Wookieslayer

OOOAAARWWWRR
Reaction score
Just ordered some Planet Waves Black Ice picks. They're described as an oversized jazz 3 so I'm intrigued. I got the heavy 1.10mm.

Anyone tried these?

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I used Jazz IIIs for a couple months, although I ran into some problems. I have to shift my grip a lot, to allow for all kinds of different techniques, and every time I moved my fingers, I felt I was about to drop it. Also, anytime I went to do big strumming power chords, I didn't have enough gripping space to let up on the pick, and kept hitting my finger on the string, which ended up hurting like hell. So, I decided to take some of my old Tortex .88 picks, and file them down to a sharp tip. And it worked. I go to Guitar Center a week later, and what do I see? Sharp Tortex .88 mm picks :mad:

But, now that's all I use, as it's perfect for me.

fwd0120

Bipedal Hominid
Reaction score
Confusing thread title!!!! o_O

Right now I am awaiting a pick from "gravity picks". they look very promising, and I could easily switch! But I am/was a big J3 buff, I've got about 75+ of the ultex ones :)

WarriorOfMetal

The Dragonrider
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been using the Tortex Jazz III .88mm for a few years, but was recently converted to the new 2.0mm Ultex Jazz III...best sounding pick I've ever used.