The Ibanez J. Custom, LACS and Prestige thread

• Thread starter ZeroSignal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Whoa, when the hell did Andre switch to Ibanez? He's been using ESP for years! That red Horizon was what made me fall in love with superstrat guitars.

70e7bf1e33.jpg

From 2012 actually.
Still, the one you posted is the better and biggest pic you can find online and don't say much about the guitar.
Still it looks amazing.
I want to see the inlays, they seem strange sharkteeth

That guitar has an Edge tremolo (don't understand which one) 3 volume knobs in a weird position and 2 EMG.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slapnutz

Reaction score
There has been too few updates in this thread recently so I guess it is my time to contribute.

From feft to right: RG2027Xvv, RG7-PB-1vv (a.k.a. RG7CST), RG1527rb

mureena-albums-my-ibbys-picture5499-left-right-ibanez-rg2027xvv-ibanez-rg7-cst-rg7-pb1vv-ibanez-rg1527rb-yes-i-know-there-reflection-hello-kitty-balloon-rg1527-im-just-too-lazy-take-another-picture-without.jpg

there you go :wavey:.

~JK~

Holyshit is that the rare Piezo model from the Ibanez 7th Heaven vid with Wes Borland? Wasnt there like only 18 made?:eek:

..and to top it of you have another Piezo model with the RG2027x ... so jealous:fawk:

..dont tell me you also happen to have a RG2127x...

If you ever decide to sell that RG7CST, lemme know buddy.:yum:

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
My '00 RG2027X VV :wub:

Awesome. I just snagged one of these myself... about 6 months ago one popped onto the 'bay in pretty great condition. I searched for years for one of these to come up (in decent condition). It didn't disappoint. The 2027XVV is honestly the best 7-string Ibby I've ever played. The piezo sound is fantastic with an acoustic tonematch on an Axe-Fx. I'll post pics of mine here soon--once I take some decent ones.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
How big is the difference between a prestige and a j custom exactly?

J-customs have better fretwork, smoother necks, more attention detail. That and usually mahogany/alder bodies with flame/quilt maple tops with maple binding.

They are quite a bit more expensive than the prestige models but they are incredible instruments.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Jericho, was that one of those crazy guitar center deals?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Someone's gonna have to tell me what the deal with this is because I've been looking to grab another one haha.

You really just have to find them locally apparently, I was tipped off by a friend by a store that had two and we each snagged one! :D

I'd assume you would just have to contact stores to see what they have on Clearance, the Musicman clearance is still happening, but I guess they're not advertising an Ibanez one :lol:

Guitar was in perfect condition as well, needed a good wipe down, but it had no problems!

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Grats to both of you! :D I was just at guitar center the other day since my friend wanted to check out semi hollows. There were some high up on the wall but my eyes are terrible and couldn't see if they were cheap or what, haha.

Shame anyway since they were red and I just got a red 8570Z, so I was kinda hoping to snag a different color to go with it. But if they're local only I'm not sure if they'd be able to track down something different for me that's still on clearance.

I was also unaware of the Music Man clearance, though I've been pretty set on scoring another J-Custom...

Ah, the life of a gearwhore. :lol:

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah absolutely, you don't want to get a bunch of the same color unless you're just a fan haha.

And I know man! Thank you :) I was really glad because I had the 7 string in Red and felt like, man this would KILL in a 6 string, I really should find one. And not too long later, bam haha. Being a gearwhore :p

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
Haha, I know *exactly* what you mean. I had an 8427F and really wanted a 6 string because of it so I picked this one up. Now I just want another one so I can have different sets of pickups in them for some variety (and because they're beyond sexy).

Obligatory pic time I suppose. Sorry about cell phone quality, but clearly all my money isn't going into a nice camera. :lol:

wAgD5yU.jpg