The iOS Amp Modeler App Thread!

tylerpond05

Mormon Metalhead
Reaction score
I second getting Bias. You don't even have to create the amps, since they have a share function for people to upload/download presets. You just need to have the right packs if your downloading a preset made with Bias instead of Tone Match from Bias Desktop.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
...and then wait for a sale to pick everything else up.

YouAreAwesome

Reaction score
Ok, so no need for Jamup Pro?

Still bit confused about Bias and packs in Jamup. With Bias I'm still going to need packs with amps and pedals? Or do I need different packs in Bias than in Jamup?

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Ok, so no need for Jamup Pro?

Still bit confused about Bias and packs in Jamup. With Bias I'm still going to need packs with amps and pedals? Or do I need different packs in Bias than in Jamup?

No need for JamUp Pro....BIAS is only amps, but you can import them into JamUp, so you'll have all the amps you need, but it doesn't come with any pedals at all. The sig metal packs in JamUp are cool as you get amps that are metal standards and the artist versions of them, so buy a couple of those. The pedals come with it or you can buy packs of whatever you want.

I always tell people to skip JamUp Pro and just grab whatever pedals/packs they think they'll need as I never used a lot of the stuff in JamUp Pro.

Give Ampkit a look too; they had the most realistic 5150/6505 sim out of all the ones I've tried if you're into that amp for brootz, and you can buy pedals one at a time...the 5150/6505 sim is free though, as is the app.

Preacher

Lord of Beer
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good iOS app that gives a clean signal? i.e no amp emulation, no effects, just the raw guitar output signal that can be fed through an iDevice into a soundcard? I ask because I want to get a clean unadulterated signal from my guitar into my ipad and out of the headphone socket into a DAW so I can tool around with plugins on the clean wave form, and using any app i havelike bias, jam up, garage band gives either some form of amp simulation and colours the signal, or in garage bands case, just no output unless you are recording on the device to.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good iOS app that gives a clean signal? i.e no amp emulation, no effects, just the raw guitar output signal that can be fed through an iDevice into a soundcard? I ask because I want to get a clean unadulterated signal from my guitar into my ipad and out of the headphone socket into a DAW so I can tool around with plugins on the clean wave form, and using any app i havelike bias, jam up, garage band gives either some form of amp simulation and colours the signal, or in garage bands case, just no output unless you are recording on the device to.

1/4" to 1/8" cable/adapter and just plug your guitar straight into your comp's microphone input?

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
1/4" to 1/8" cable/adapter and just plug your guitar straight into your comp's microphone input?

Unless your guitar has active pickups, and your computer's sound card has REALLY good AD/DA converters... this is a bad idea.

EDIT: Or, at least sub-optimal.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Unless your guitar has active pickups, and your computer's sound card has REALLY good AD/DA converters... this is a bad idea.

EDIT: Or, at least sub-optimal.

So is going from the iDevice headphone out. Should have added in that getting some kind of USB interface would be a much better solution.

Preacher

Lord of Beer
Reaction score
So is going from the iDevice headphone out. Should have added in that getting some kind of USB interface would be a much better solution.

dont have the spare £160 for a good one right now, otherwise that would be my 1st call.

Wonder if I can program one. its been a while since I did any tech stuff like that.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score

True, true.

As inexpensive as a decent USB interface goes for nowadays, it's very much worth considering even for people looking to tinker/noodle around.

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Musician's Friend frequently has the Tascam iUR2 on the deal of the day, it is an stereo iOS/USB interface with midi and when they have it on sale can be had for like $30.

A little USB mixer works to.

Crimsonghost

Reaction score
Anyone having trouble with audiobus? I haven't used the thing in a while, so maybe there's just something I'm missing, but I load something up in the bus and when I tap to launch it it opens the app but it doesn't open it up in the bus. Normally you'd get the little tab in whatever app you're using but that's not there. Any thoughts?

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Bias FX

Basically Bias, but for things like OD and delay from the sound of it. Says it is for mobile too, so probably not tone matching.

Meh, tone matching. Tweaking the controls and coming up with tones is most of the fun.

But that sounds cool. I'd mostly be interested in customizing ODs though.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I'm using Bias and Jamup Pro on my iPad with the Apogee JAM. Now i see there has been released new Apogee JAM 96k and iRig PRO. Can any of you tell me is there any big reasons for me as a guitarist/songwriter to upgrade my older Apogee JAM to eather of those options?

I mean. Is there big difference in sound quality or in the latency?

PBGas

Reaction score
Yes....works. Problem is that the mic is still active. Turn off the cab and move the mic around and the sound changes. They need to actively have a full cab disable. If you are a Bias user and want this, please put in a support ticket so that they will consider this. I did as well. They replied that they are putting this under consideration. Hopefully if enough do this, they will.