The "NAMM 2021" Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
Eyeroll
The silver sky lunar ice went up for sale on some places and sold out.

Not scalped for 6k. Nice should have bought one earlier when I had a chance

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Eyeroll
The silver sky lunar ice went up for sale on some places and sold out.

Not scalped for 6k. Nice should have bought one earlier when I had a chance

think about this energy you spent thinking about this one chance to make 3500 dollars one time.

now use that energy for literally anything else.

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
think about this energy you spent thinking about this one chance to make 3500 dollars one time.

now use that energy for literally anything else.
Yessss same thing with the console stuff ha.

I’ve seen some crazy things in trading cards markets. The effort people put in to make a couple hundred profit. Like dude use that brain every day and you’d probably be very successful!

Lax

Reaction score
PRS...If they continue to focus on other brands designs, they are never going to offer improved or different original products...
Next year the PRS Les Paul or SG ?
OR maybe the PRS Dimebag

Yul Brynner

Fabricated Background
Reaction score
PRS...If they continue to focus on other brands designs, they are never going to offer improved or different original products...
OR maybe the PRS Dimebag
PRS ML could be pretty cool. They've already done an explorer. I'd like to see a PRS flying v.

Halffarmer

Reaction score
OR maybe the PRS Dimebag

I don 't get this argument.
They now have two Strat designs, an SSS and an HSS and both are signature designs, so an artist just wanted a strat from them.
I think it's more like people focus to much on these releases and ignore that PRS is constantly changing minor things on their customs, or the 594 series that sold so well they are doing S2s since last year in that scale length and so on.
Also, they are doing Singlecuts since the early 2000s?!

That being said, i don't care to much for their releases this year, but am ok with the two PRSs i allready own.
This year i'm in the market for something with a floyd rose. The Ibanez RG565s look very tempting.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
OR maybe the PRS Dimebag

Paul's only objective in life is to sell guitars.
He's just bidding his time until he can shrink the scale length again.

laxu

Reaction score
I like the green PRS Studio a lot and the Lunar Ice finish for the Silver Sky looks cool but could use a different pickguard to go with it. Some of the new SE lineup colors look nice.

I don't like the Fiore though. It looks like a cheap beginner super-Strat to me, like something you would find in Schecter's lineup where the inlays are a bit gaudy and the color choices can only be described as "bulk South Korean red, blue and black".

Overall pretty unremarkable releases that don't add a whole lot to their already quite solid lineup.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To add something usefull and not look like to much of a PRS fanboy, have you seen that Ibanez added some more guitars to their 2021 lineup?

Some Signatures and a bunch of Teles:
https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/model/azs/

I like these a LOT. I'm kind of a tele fan but hate how they feel so I might consider one. They're gonna sell great so here's hoping they have a 3 pickup version next year and a 7 string like they did for the regular AZ. The pickup configuration and the playability just looks so appealing on those and I think this is huge for Ibanez this year.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OR maybe the PRS Dimebag

You say this like one of thier best selling models the last 25 years isn't the Singlecut. :lol:

The original impetus of the PRS design philosophy was combining best of Gibson and Fender, the original CU range are basically a Les Paul and Strat merged.

So they've veered each way many time in their history and on top of the SC, it occasionally means making something more to the Fender side. Remember the EG? The 305? The DC3?

I've owned several PRS guitars over the last 30 years, and believe you me, they never stop tweaking the legacy models. Remember when you could only get a rotary selector? Any pickup combo as long as it's HH?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So this is out... Ibanez LB1 sig, custom Duncan signature pickup set

140226788_3847495118646302_8094708137245958792_o.jpg

Also, people complaining about the lack of new stuff from PRS are hilarious. If you missed it they are swamped with orders for the current lineup so not adding a bunch of new stuff isn't exactly shocking.

xzacx

Reaction score
You say this like one of thier best selling models the last 25 years isn't the Singlecut. :lol:

The original impetus of the PRS design philosophy was combining best of Gibson and Fender, the original CU range are basically a Les Paul and Strat merged.

So they've veered each way many time in their history and on top of the SC, it occasionally means making something more to the Fender side. Remember the EG? The 305? The DC3?

I've owned several PRS guitars over the last 30 years, and believe you me, they never stop tweaking the legacy models. Remember when you could only get a rotary selector? Any pickup combo as long as it's HH?

Unlike Fender and Gibson, PRS has the luxury of being able to mess with these formulas without "ruining" them for the purists. I actually give credit to them for tweaking things as much as they do when they could probably get away with putting out the same old models with no changes. They aren't exactly reinventing the wheel but I do appreciate them trying to improve on things.

Latest posts