The "NAMM 2021" Thread

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VMNT

Reaction score
In my opinion it would have looked so much better if the pickup was directly mounted like the Black Metal series.
Agree. I couldn't resist that with a directly mounted Duncan in black. But to be honest, it is hard for me to resist as is :wub3:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love my LP's but I much prefer the volume knob position on my strat type guitars. The knob position on my LP's is pretty much useless if I ever wanted to do some swells with it.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
I love my LP's but I much prefer the volume knob position on my strat type guitars. The knob position on my LP's is pretty much useless if I ever wanted to do some swells with it.
Too bad Neal Schon's Les Pauls from 15 years ago or so are too expensive and rare because those are a great example of the volume knob in a Strat-style position.

The only other Les Paul style guitar I can think of that has a knob close to the P/U like what Neal had are the PRS 245s.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Oh man, the "Strat volume knobs are in the wrong place" gang will have a field day with this.

What a stupid way to fuck a beautiful SG!! :lol:

Buy a volume pedal for fksssss sake :lol:

Can I go back and act like normal? Enough SSOrg acting for today? Thanks.

Phlegethon

Reaction score
Oh man, the "Strat volume knobs are in the wrong place" gang will have a field day with this.

Volume knob position looks to be RG ish personally. And an RG's volume pot location has never got in the way when I've played. Whenever I've played strats I always hit the volume knob at random because of how close it is, so not to my taste.

Gnarcade

Reaction score
You said the P word!
tenor.gif