The Official Agile ERG Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
It might help to know, on the new run, what any given person's lowest note is tuned to, what the string gauge is, and whether the saddle can be correctly intonated at the 12th fret with the bridge placement as it is. A simple yes or no doesn't help much if someone's lowest note is an octave above another person's target.

Galius, what is your lowest note?

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
If it helps, my lowest note is an Eb with a .068", and the intonation is pretty close. I think I'll be able to get it if I cut the spring in half or remove it. I wonder if it's possible to individually get those shorter Hipshot saddles that are on the lowest strings of the Schecter 8s. That would be perfect.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Perhaps I wasn't as precise as I should have been.

It would be good to know the lowest note, including in what octave it is (E2 being the lowest note of a standard tuned guitar, and E1 being the octave below that).

Without knowing the octave, it could be that Tom's guitar is tuned a mighty half-step below standard, and can be capoed at the first fret to give something like standard tuning. *laugh*

Since I'm planning on having my lowest note within a half-step of A0, having both note and octave information, as well as if correct intonation is possible at such depth, would be helpful information...

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
id say it will be in the first week of August that the guitars will be in transit..

im waiting for a leftover tooo.. i call dibs on a interceptor!!!! haha..

Just a sense, or have you heard anything concrete? I'm counting down the days!

GorillaSalsa

Reaction score
Since I'm planning on having my lowest note within a half-step of A0, having both note and octave information, as well as if correct intonation is possible at such depth, would be helpful information...
I'm sorry, but this is just absurd. A0?! That's a whole step lower than the lowest string on a 6-string bass. There's no reason. It's not like you're going to win all the low-tuning cock waving contests amongst your buddies, it's more like you're going to end up breaking an amp so you can have what will likely be an inaudible tuning.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Perhaps I wasn't as precise as I should have been.

It would be good to know the lowest note, including in what octave it is (E2 being the lowest note of a standard tuned guitar, and E1 being the octave below that).

Without knowing the octave, it could be that Tom's guitar is tuned a mighty half-step below standard, and can be capoed at the first fret to give something like standard tuning. *laugh*

Sorry; I figured that the combined facts that it's the lowest string on an 8-string with a 28.625" scale and the string in question is a .068" would leave the octave fairly clear, but it's Eb1.

I'm sorry, but this is just absurd. A0?! That's a whole step lower than the lowest string on a 6-string bass. There's no reason. It's not like you're going to win all the low-tuning cock waving contests amongst your buddies, it's more like you're going to end up breaking an amp so you can have what will likely be an inaudible tuning.

I've been to Ab0 on a 30" scale with a .080". It was a lot more usable than I expected (perfectly audible and definitely didn't break anything), though I don't know how often I'd use that string if I had a 9-string guitar.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
the guy is using it for touchstyle playing if i remember correctly. or fifths tunings. or both.

the new run will have a different bridge placement to compensate for intonation.

Urbane

Reaction score
for the Intercptors i just got something from kurt....

Jul 20, 2009 9:09AM
Order should be ready to ship next week. We are charing the ballance on this order.

I cant wait

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
So Interceptors are done, but any word on Intrepids gang? I haven't seen/heard anything new

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm, I didn't get an e-mail and I've check my inbox like a gazillion times cause I'm weird...hmm :scratch:

AvantGuardian

Orange Vigilante
Reaction score
I just got an email this afternoon from Rondo saying my Intrepid will be shipped next week. I ordered an Intrepid Standard Dual in Bloodburst for the OCTOBER 15 run. Maybe I'm getting an extra from the July run instead? If that's the case, I'm seriously excited for this.

Anybody else in the same boat?

Shurka Durka

Hamstring Pull
Reaction score
This is my first post, good to be here. I'm hooking up with an Agile Pro dual Cepheus blood red in about a week and a half!!!!! I've been checking the Rondo site pretty much every day and droooling over all the shiny baubles they have online...

mgcasella

Reaction score
the guy is using it for touchstyle playing if i remember correctly. or fifths tunings. or both.

the new run will have a different bridge placement to compensate for intonation.

That is awesome! Did Kurt tell you that?

I can't wait for the leftovers! :shred:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
yeah, kurt told me they would be moving the bridge back a little, and then alter the baseplate of the bridges and the screws for the saddles, all to make the intonation range wider.

not sure if they'll do the same for the hipshot bridges on the pros, but who knows.

they will also experiment with putting the bridge pickup closer to the bridge, and see whether or not they'll change that.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Sweet, good to know that the Intrepids will ship next week. Guess this means my 7 MAY have to wait since I don't want one to outshine the other.

Latest posts