The Official Agile ERG Thread

BranchDavidian

Reaction score
Has anyone tried ditting the newer emg 81-8h into one of these pendulums yet? If not ill find out in a few days.

Pic related. Just gave her the feibings leatger dye fretboard treatment

Attachments

• 2018-01-16_14.07.36.jpg
    2018-01-16_14.07.36.jpg
    615.1 KB · Views: 83

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Anyone have a 22-fret 27” scale 8-string AL single cut?

I realize that it would be a custom order. I’ve been kicking around ordering something like that but was hoping to see how it would look. Sometimes IMHO this custom Agiles come out looking a bit wonky because of where they end up placing the bridge and such.

BranchDavidian

Reaction score
If you cotact them they are pretty good about letting you specify your placements and such on custom orders. Alot of the wonky stuff you see is usually 2006-2009 where they were first starting to test the water on a lot of things

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

binz

Reaction score
I'm also thinking about aquiring a cheap 8 string and been stroling through this thread. Anything wrong with this Septor 8 or Legacy 8 model?

http://www.rondomusic.com/product8616.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_Legacy_827_TOM_Nat_Dao.html

For 340$ I would not hesitate to give it a try, but as I live in Germany/EU shipping is + 150 (+50 for the case, compulsory) So I'm around 550 for which I could get an Ibanez RG8 (the white one) which I also fancy and which would be much easier to resell.

This might be a little off topic but another alternative would be a Kraken 8, just for example this one https://reverb.com/item/11906894-kraken-8string-guitar-2017-satin-ogre-blond
This would be even cheaper and only 80 shipping. Do you know if they are still selling "ofiicially"? (Do I remember correctly that Agile = Kraken?)

I also read the legator thread so they are out :D

Generally I like simple designs and weird colours, for example something like that
OSF7-Seafoam-Green.png

or in pink. Scalewise I cannot really say, I guess 27" is enough, a little fanned multiscale would also be nice but no need. Also prefer headstocks with all the screws on one side. Dont want to spend more than 500.

edit: just found that on reverb for 420+60. This seems pretty cheap as the new one is around 700 ?
vlxxutodqai1qop7lckk.jpg

https://reverb.com/item/10594685-agile-septor-828-2015-white

Last edited:

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
I have this exact guitar in natural, and I love it! The 28" scale can be a bit of a stretch on the low frets, for funky chords esp, but I find it pretty comfortable-I don't play any of my other guitars any more The stock pickups are really nice too (the passives anyway, never played the actives).

Best guitar you'll find for $400, IMO!

Edit: just noticed it says it had Duncan Blackouts-so pretty much know what it'll sound like! Not sure about the Made in Japan claim, IIRC most Agiles are made in South Korea, so you may want to check with the seller. Still great guitar for the money!

Last edited:

thomas lund

Reaction score
I am very satisfied with their work. despite the hate they receive they provide us with some high quality and affordable instruments

EverDream

Reaction score
The 28" scale can be a bit of a stretch on the low frets, for funky chords esp

Just to make sure everyone understands correctly, all Agile 828 models (Septor, Interceptor, Intrepid) have a 28.625" scale length AFAIK, not 28". So it's not 1" longer than the 27" model, it's 1.625" longer, which makes a difference... as 1" longer wouldn't be as much of a difference from 27" as 1.625" is.

28.625" is actually a whole fret longer than 27" while 28" is not. 28" is about 5/8 of a fret longer than 27". I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but I just want to make sure that people reading who may not be aware, know that the Agile 828 models (or any Agile model that ends in 28... so... 628, 728, 828, 928, 1028, etc.) are actually 28.625" in scale length and not 28" (so 5/8 of an inch longer than 28").

Just wanted to make sure that was clear for anyone reading who may not know this, I'm not implying you didn't know Merlin. ;)

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Just to make sure everyone understands correctly, all Agile 828 models (Septor, Interceptor, Intrepid) have a 28.625" scale length AFAIK, not 28". So it's not 1" longer than the 27" model, it's 1.625" longer, which makes a difference... as 1" longer wouldn't be as much of a difference from 27" as 1.625" is.

28.625" is actually a whole fret longer than 27" while 28" is not. 28" is about 5/8 of a fret longer than 27". I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but I just want to make sure that people reading who may not be aware, know that the Agile 828 models (or any Agile model that ends in 28... so... 628, 728, 828, 928, 1028, etc.) are actually 28.625" in scale length and not 28" (so 5/8 of an inch longer than 28").

Just wanted to make sure that was clear for anyone reading who may not know this, I'm not implying you didn't know Merlin. ;)

Just like the 725 and 625 models are 25.5"

It's a major difference too on those 28.625"ers. Some stuff is unplayable chord-wise. They serve a purpose though. Some stuff is wayyyyy easier imo. Like chords that have notes scrunched up really close together. Those are difficult on 25.5" scales and sometimes even 26.5". On the 28s, it's super comfy. Just depends on the application. I recommend everyone have a variety imo. I have 25.5" to 28.625" in my arsenal and am thankful for it. Makes my playing more diverse (or less limited at least). There's no "well my fingers can't stretch that far for this idea" or "there's not enough space to put all of my fingers there to do what I want" (that's what he/she said?).

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
anyone else have intonation problems with guitars?
Fixed that for you :lol:

But really though, I probably have better intonation and tuning stability on my Agile guitars than my Schecters and PRS and some of those have locking tuners even. Too many designs under the Agile name to pin any intonation issues on the entire brand especially considering plenty of Agile users don't have intonation issues. Most of us wouldn't bother with them if they did.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
anyone else have intonation problems with agile's?

How old is your Agile? There were some Intrepid and Septor runs from around 09'/10' that had improperly placed bridges, but I haven't seen any issues with stuff since then.

What's your problem exactly?

trem licking

Reaction score
i had intonation issues with their 8 strings with locking nuts. the locking nuts are cepheus, not floyd, at least on their 8 strings. the cast is so rough and bumpy on the nut surface that any slight variation in string position would throw the intonation off slightly

SubzeroJake

Reaction score
i had intonation issues with their 8 strings with locking nuts. the locking nuts are cepheus, not floyd, at least on their 8 strings. the cast is so rough and bumpy on the nut surface that any slight variation in string position would throw the intonation off slightly

I had a similar experience. Became extremely frustrating.

trem licking

Reaction score
I had a similar experience. Became extremely frustrating.

it was indeed... it was driving me mad until i figured out what it was. i wrote Kurt to ask if he would consider switching to a legit floyd rose nut on these models, but he was not willing because the string spacing is tighter. i feel like it would be a VERY good move if he would, though.

summit101

Reaction score
The highest strings seem like they have crooked frets slots and the intonation is kind all over the place on the highest strings I’ve noticed mostly

Axe Cop

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with agile baritones? I've been eyeing the AB3500.