The Official MMA Thread

SoItGoesRVA

Do You Even Riff?
Reaction score
Urijah Faber's leg after Jose Aldo lit his ass up with leg kicks:

urijah_faber_leg_3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Yaass, two of my teammates won tonight, both first round, one by RNC, one by guillotine. The club's own event is tomorrow night. Here's hoping!

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
Good performances by our team tonight. Only 2 losses for our guys and lots of finishes. Includiing a first round TKO by leg kicks. Edson Barboza eat your heart out!

Merge

Reaction score
Did anyone see the highlights of Chinzo Machida's (Lyoto's older brother) fight from Friday night?? He caught his opponent with a knee to the face, just as the guy was shooting in for a takedown. The guy laid on the mat for about 10 minutes, and had to carried out of the cage on a stretcher. I've never seen anyone leave the cage like that.

wowspare

7String's new kid
Reaction score
Did anyone see the highlights of Chinzo Machida's (Lyoto's older brother) fight from Friday night?? He caught his opponent with a knee to the face, just as the guy was shooting in for a takedown. The guy laid on the mat for about 10 minutes, and had to carried out of the cage on a stretcher. I've never seen anyone leave the cage like that.
Chinzo_Machida_vs._Brian_Wood.gif

Nasty KO

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Oof. Any update on how the opponent is? No serious damage?

brain-punt-itus :lol:

Anyone watching the chick throwdown tonight? Gotta go with Rocky, but I think Juliana takes it in the finally on Saturday.

I'm not big at all on this season's TUF. I've enjoyed the chick fights better than the "men" :lol:. The guys are having enough trouble beating the scales this season, and they're fights have basically sucked IMO, although this last fight should be good with these two.
BTW, I'm picking Maynard over Diaz also. (just because lol)

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Still can't believe that guys that want to fight in the UFC fail to make weight, in fact anyone that wants to turn Pro fails to make weight.

Shows how bad they really want it :lol:.

Man the chick fight sucked last night. Good boxing by J.R. though, but what a boring match.

blanco

Reaction score
That KO is brutal. Haven't seen something like that probably since rampage did the old power bomb KO. I'm always in two minds about the women fighting. Sometimes they are awesome and really great fights other times they are appalling.

As for all the making weight issues fighters are cutting so much now to avoid fighting in certain weight classes and have as bigger possible advantage over there opponent all to trying and climb the ranks as fast as possible. I always use Frankie Edgar as an example of this, the guy walks around and fights at roughly the same weight, has such a minimal cut. Although he might walk into a fight a fair few kg than his opponent he's nowhere near as drawn out as them. I can see loads of people moving to welterweight now GSP seems to be leaving.

Hope the Maynard Diaz fight is actually interesting Diaz tends to bore the hell out of me but being the third fight between the two both are really going to want to win it.

Merge

Reaction score
I was telling someone that I think the best thing that could happen to the welterweight division would be GSP retiring. He's been dominant for a long time, his retirement would really open up the division. The same could be said for the light heavyweight division, as there's talk of Jon Jones moving up to heavyweight next year.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
That should have been stopped about a dozen punches before it was. Maynard was completely out on his feet and not defending at all.
Terrible judgment by the ref IMO. (and I was picking Maynard btw)

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Fight of the year IMO. Way better than Jones/Gustafson.
Just when I thought Bigfoot was done....he did some real damage on the ground in the 2 round. Those guys fought with every ounce of life in them....my hat is off to them both!:yesway: