'The Safety Fire' Megathread: 'Grind the Ocean' Now Available

ToniS

Chool Whhhip
Reaction score
Awesome news dude, will there be new songs on the ep? When are you going to release an album?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unreal137

Reaction score
Hi guys I was wondering if any of you polyrythmn djent guys who like Periphery, VOLUMES, Fellsilent, TesseracT, and etc. If any of you guys could tab out Spoilage by the Safety Fire or have any tabs for any of their songs. Besides tabs I was wondering if anyone can give me tips to write music similar to them.

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
Well they have tabs for 2 of their songs on their myspace. To write music like there's, basically just listen to it. For me listening to something usually sparks ideas...but for me they usually turn in to something very different :lol:

Unreal137

Reaction score
they have tabs up hmmm i never knew haha what songs?
As for writing I listen to a lot of bands like them but writing like them for some reason just doesn't work for me xD

Parka Dez

Reaction score
Hey guys,

We are in the middle of tracking our rhythm guitars at the moment and decided to keep a blog from here on in to document and keep everyone updated with our goings on.

Just some pics and info on recording the guitars at the moment, but we will be updating it throughout the process, and we hope to get some videos uploaded as well soon.

Any questions or whatever, just ask!

The Safety Fire

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't read it right now, but my guess is that the POD farm thing is about recording the guitar unprocessed but with a distortion for monitoring, and then they'll be re-amped. I mean, I guess you could still do all that with the Axe-Fx, but that was the only explanation I could come up with.

Parka Dez

Reaction score
Randy is right, just using it while we track then will work through a hell of a lot of heads before we reamp.

My b2 specs are quite different to nollys. It has a snakewood fingerboard and the body is made from one piece of quilted mahogany. The quilt is looking really good at the moment as it has just been oiled.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Ah, good to hear, I am eager to read more haha, I saw the pic of the Axe, but read on.

Are you self producing? Or is this some preproduction jazz to be taken to someone else to reamp and mic up ye olde drum set in a fancy room with fancy mics.

And I just saw that there are tabs on your myspace. Haha, been trying to learn sections by ear, I will have to cheat with this.

ToniS

Chool Whhhip
Reaction score
Awesome, can't wait for the videos! Been a fan for a long time!

Trev

Reaction score
My b2 specs are quite different to nollys. It has a snakewood fingerboard and the body is made from one piece of quilted mahogany. The quilt is looking really good at the moment as it has just been oiled.

What is the neck made out of?

Parka Dez

Reaction score
The neck is made from Honduras Rosewood. Grain aligned with Snakewood fillets on laminated necks.

The Tumblr has been updated with our first youtube studio update as well as announcing our album name!

Parka Dez

Reaction score