The SevenString Pet Thread

• Thread starter Vinnymuse
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vinnymuse

Reaction score
Hi, fellas! Here's a light-hearted thread for us to discuss our four-legged household companions. Mine is a Pomeranian named Sheila. She's a cuddly little furball who loves the outdoors. She also loves to cool down, so bath time is never an issue for her. This results to endless fun times in her dog bath tub. She also loves to play catch, another reason why we bring along her squeaky toys in our trips, the kids love playing with her as well. We raised her ever since she was a pup and will always be a part of our family. What are your pets, guys?

3.jpg

Attachments

• sevenstring-pet-thread.jpg
    sevenstring-pet-thread.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
We got a few furry friends in these parts, like our little heterochromia mute, Dustin:
1022171414b.jpg

He's a mute by choice, not circumstance, seriously, this little dude has never made a sound in the 4 years we've had him.

This is our cousin's dog who we regularly dog sit, Gracie:
0324182043.jpg

The oldest of the bunch here is Gibson, who's also cross eyed when he gets really excited. Usually if hes sleeping on you and wakes up to want scratches, if he gets em he goes cross eyed. Just full on stupid but loveable.
FB_IMG_1514816227543.jpg

Theres a couple others but those are the big players

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
A family had to surrender this guy several years ago. We had just lost our first GSP (also a surrender), so adopted this dork and he's been great ever since.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
these are my 3. two Jindos luke and ruby rescued from the korean dog meat trade and a shepard mix named lydia rescued locally here in NY
32769186_10155419700066651_7663551867565113344_n.jpg

Aww! Fair play to you man. Those Korean dog meat things drive me mad. So good
to see this pic!!

A-Branger

Reaction score
this is my baby girl Lexie

22279952_10159333817575363_2703824415213792309_n.jpg

bordercollie, I got since she was a tinny pup. She loves swiming and chasing bush turkeys
14054330_10157242911720363_8470771082109621408_o.jpg

never had to train her or barely teach ehr anything, she jsut did. Never had to use a leash with her ever, she always stays with me, doesnt pay mucha ttention to other people, and she doesnt care much for a ball, only couple of trows, so its awesome to take her for a walk as I just take her for a walk. If I go swiming she would follow me no matter what, which is awesome too

Last edited:

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
Maybe I should be writing it in the unpopular opinion thread, but

I want to kill my pet. No, not in a joking way; in a euthanasia way.

I have a corn snake (of course by "have" I mean to say "left in my parents basement when I moved out at 18") that's 13 years old. It's blind, or at least its eyes are clouded over. I feel terrible for having ever purchased it. It's fucked up that people breed animals to be pets, that people keep animals in tanks and cages just for our own selfish pleasure. Some people might say that a snake/lizard/fish doesn't have the capacity to know or understand captivity and so that it doesn't matter. But I think we can agree that that's a fucking guess and we don't have any clue.

I guess dogs and cats and other domesticated animals are OK to keep because they were literally evolved to exist alongside men, some even say that they instinctively crave human interaction... but outside of that, I don't really know if I can accept the merit of pet ownership. I'm not judging anyone else, but this is just how I feel based off my own experience having a pet snake.

My dad likes keeping the snake. He says it's mesmerizing to watch, like a lava lamp. I think we should put the snake on the ol' paper cutter and just get the guy a lava lamp. I'm just joking about the paper cutter, that's possibly cruel on account of that I don't know how quickly it would kill the snake. But like if I ever met someone who kept a pet raptor, I would see if he'd be interesting in using my snake as food. Even though I guess I principally disagree with keeping a raptor as a pet. Eh, I'm rambling.

Anyone else with pet regrets?