The Shoegaze Thread

• Thread starter AdamMaz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RCB

Reaction score
Thank you to the gentleman that posted Soren Well. Just finished listening to "Starry Eyes Gone Blank Tonight" work and it reminds me almost too much of an obscure, yet VERY good band called Smashing Orange.

Your welcome good sir.

Thanks for the Soundpool tune. That was pretty groovy (in more ways than one).

With that said, how about another tune? This one is free on the 200,000 Gazes compilation from When the Sun Hits.

Here is the link to the Bandcamp page. All of the other compilations are free if anyone is interested.
200,000 Gazes: Volume One | whenthesunhits

Edit: Completely forgot I already posted a link to the Bandcamp page. Oh well...here it is again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I've been slowly going through those compilations, lot of good material that has lead me to discovering some good bands :yesway:

One of my favorites from those is Bloody Knives' "Whatever You Want" (which I can't find to post for everyone else, its on the 100,000 Gazes compilation)

My other favorite track off of those compilations, for the Kitchens of Distinction fans :metal:

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
I refuse to let this thread die! :wavey:

Cool band i just discovered last night:

hypotc

Reaction score
I know this is not exactly shoegaze, it's more into indie, but I'll post it anyway:

Mew has a lot of stuff that can be considered shoegazing though. The last four minutes of this song is a great outro which just keeps building up into something beautiful.

Also, I've been checking out Slowdive, and I'm loving it!

Krullnar

Reaction score
Thank you to the gentleman that posted Soren Well. Just finished listening to "Starry Eyes Gone Blank Tonight" work and it reminds me almost too much of an obscure, yet VERY good band called Smashing Orange.

I saw them once right after they started to ditch the shoegaze. I don't see them mentioned too much anymore, but they were great.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
For those that were not aware, My Bloody Valentine are touring soon. I've had my ticket for a couple of weeks now :metal:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Yes and I do not listen to them as much as I should :yesway:

Just got myself a new batch of bands, should have more goodies to post. Here's one listened to today that actually captures the feel of the early 90s era. Fans of Curve will enjoy.

Krullnar

Reaction score
^I just recently went back to my old shoegaze/dream pop albums from when I was a teenager in the early '90s, it was a blast hearing Raise again. That album is still amazing. Mezcal Head too.

Ride 'Nowhere' was my favorite back then, and I think it's still the greatest album to come out of that era.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Swervedriver are criminally overshadowed and Raise is quite possibly the best album in the whole genre.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Slow, very distorted, for the MBV fans.

This album recently came out and is solid from start to finish. Lots of distortion throughout, lot of up-tempo and the songwriting is good!

May have a couple more in the coming days...

Hellderpo

Reaction score
Swervedriver are criminally overshadowed and Raise is quite possibly the best album in the whole genre.

My band got to support them the other day here in Australia. They played Raise in its entirety and then came back on for another set of hits. It was probably the best night of my life!

Here's one of our songs by the way.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
What is your band Lunaire up to these days? I really liked that song, afterwards got everything from your Bandcamp page :yesway:

Couldn't find this on Youtube, but it is definitely worth following the link. Great songwriting that knows how to keep the energy flowing smoothly.

Human Colonies - "Sunshine Jesus"