The Shoegaze Thread

• Thread starter AdamMaz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AcousticMinja

String Theorist
Contributor
Reaction score
This is glorious. I think I found a new favorite genre.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Just thought I would reiterate my newfound love for Thousand Yard Stare, especially that Hands On album :wub:

Anyone have some recommendations for a Black/Shoegaze n00b?

blaaargh

Git Fuuuuuuuuuuucked
Reaction score
Just thought I would reiterate my newfound love for Thousand Yard Stare, especially that Hands On album :wub:

Anyone have some recommendations for a Black/Shoegaze n00b?

The aforementioned Alcest, also Agalloch and Amesoeurs. And they're not exactly black metal, but also check out The Angelic Process.

celticelk

Reaction score
The aforementioned Alcest, also Agalloch and Amesoeurs. And they're not exactly black metal, but also check out The Angelic Process.

In bands not starting with A, Lantlos and Drudkh might suit you. Take a look at metalreview.com for bands tagged with "atmospheric."

Holy Katana

Wait, what?
Reaction score

Hammock aren't exactly shoegaze (they're more post-rock, leaning heavily on the ambient), but they're a local band, and more people should listen to them.

Any fans here of the Cocteau Twins? Not sure if shoegaze, but pretty damn close. Amazing band!

They're dream pop, which is basically shoegaze's first cousin. Actually, probably even closer than that.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Having a shoegaze day and decided to check this thread out. Love that Amusement Parks on Fire track, will be looking into them :yesway:

Was curious if there were any bands that played this style using extended range guitars??

This four song EP came out a couple of months ago and is not only the best best project I have heard this year, but ranks amongst the cream of shoegaze IMO.

"Daydreamer" by Airiel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LmH7YtbHyg
(I forgot how to embed :\ )

Arsenal12

nub
Reaction score
I absolutely love this stuff.. the golden age of music for me. Saw Ride, Lush, Swervedriver, Slowdive, Chapterhouse, etc in the early to mid 90s. and finally got to see MBV in Richmond in 2009 (?). The music of all these bands still sounds fresh and inventive to this day. Cocteau Twins are amazing too.. Heaven Or Las Vegas is top 50 record for sure.

Forgot Loop.. great band. And if Jesu is considered shoegaze stands to reason why I dig them (that and Godflesh rule).

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score

Got the band "The Radio Dept." from that video. I THINK they're shoegaze. Not really sure, sweet video, sweet skating, sweet song. <3

Gram negative

Christopher Horton
Reaction score
This was my favorite album for quite a while. Pretty amazing stuff. True Widow's newer stuff is great too.

so more stuff.....

more dreampop, but awesome nonetheless: