The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I actually think that's pretty cool looking, though in a distressed sort of way.

But definitely not what they're aiming for, so at least it's B-stock flagged.

Boden OS 7 shows up on Tuesday :cool:

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
yeah, but Suhr, Carvin, knaggs, Anderson, etc can do it to.

A few of the shops you listed may be "smaller" than companies like gibson fender or prs, but they have a relatively constant/predictable/sizeable demand for guitars so they are able to buy in bulk to keep in stock and not be worried about going "bust" or having unused inventory of sick tops lying around as compared to Ola's waitlist or other smaller/one man builders. And i think Ola's ethic for guitar building is focusing on functional/sonic improvements rather than putting more emphasis on aesthetic tops. Different companies, different builders, different ways of steering their companies i guess.

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
I have two questions for you guys:

1. How can we ensure we are still on the wait list? I know I'm coming up in a year or two so I just want to double check.

2. Can someone comment on how the quality compares to a brand like Suhr? My Pro Modern has some of the best QC ever. Can I expect the same level of quality or will there be small flaws?

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
I have two questions for you guys:

1. How can we ensure we are still on the wait list? I know I'm coming up in a year or two so I just want to double check.

2. Can someone comment on how the quality compares to a brand like Suhr? My Pro Modern has some of the best QC ever. Can I expect the same level of quality or will there be small flaws?

I'm assuming you mean MtM, based on your timescale.

1. If you're still getting the email updates with the opt out option in them, you're still on the list. For example, I'm on the list and the last three emails I got were a New Years email, the Washburn Custom Shop email at the start of December (both of which were marked as production model emails, so I'm assuming they were sent to both lists), and the fast track email in mid October.

2. I've not played a Suhr, so can't comment specifically. I'd say I'm pretty satisfied with the quality at the price.

kylea1

Reaction score
Still deciding whether or not im gonna join the group buy. Only thing im curious about is how the 25.75 bass side scale length is for drop tunning on the 7 string?

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
I didn't think to check here first, I posted up the Bass in the Bass section though!. This just means there is another project out there to keep the MTM line moving super slow!! :-(

ramses

Guitar/pizza regular
Contributor
Reaction score
OK, so which one of you is getting the "made to measure" Boden with a buckeye-burl top?

I was supposed to have the first .strandberg* with a buckeye top, dammit!!

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
OK, so which one of you is getting the "made to measure" Boden with a buckeye-burl top?

I was supposed to have the first .strandberg* with a buckeye top, dammit!!
That top is looking great! :kiss:

MemphisHawk

Reaction score
Don't know about that one but I just purchased #7 from a guy in California. Kinda funny because i am in the "Koaberg" run that Washburn is currently doing. I put the 600~ dollars deposit down and upgraded to brushed nickel juggernauts. I'm offering my build to anyone that wants it since I ran across an early MTM and I'm still on the list for another.

Koa Top
Ebony Fretboard on Cocobolo Neck
Black LimbaBody
7 string. There is about 2800 left in the bill. The guitar is currently being built at Washburn Custom shop with a2-5 month window.

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
Wierd question, but is a 8 string fanned boden bigger than a 6 string standard scale boden, body wise? I know there is less wood routed at the bridge area for a fanned 8 string boden. I dunno, but my build looks smaller than those 8 string fanned bodens.

10502212_933054706738973_880363440486613796_n.jpg

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
Don't know about that one but I just purchased #7 from a guy in California. Kinda funny because i am in the "Koaberg" run that Washburn is currently doing. I put the 600~ dollars deposit down and upgraded to brushed nickel juggernauts. I'm offering my build to anyone that wants it since I ran across an early MTM and I'm still on the list for another.

Koa Top
Ebony Fretboard on Cocobolo Neck
Black LimbaBody
7 string. There is about 2800 left in the bill. The guitar is currently being built at Washburn Custom shop with a2-5 month window.

SSO to FB link confirmed :ninja:

(not that I'm hard to do :lol:)

Congrats dude, I look forward to that NGD.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Wierd question, but is a 8 string fanned boden bigger than a 6 string standard scale boden, body wise? I know there is less wood routed at the bridge area for a fanned 8 string boden. I dunno, but my build looks smaller than those 8 string fanned bodens.

I think the width of the middle section changes depending on how many strings there are.

The only other difference in shape is the angle of the cutout behind the bridge, which matches the fan.

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
I think the width of the middle section changes depending on how many strings there are.

The only other difference in shape is the angle of the cutout behind the bridge, which matches the fan.

Thanks for highlighting that Steven! I was thinking the 8 strings looked bulkier than the 6 strings, now i realise its the width of the centre portion. Really getting excited as the build progresses and i see my guitar taking shape.