The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pott

Reaction score
Has any of your guys managed to fit a Juggernaut in a Boden?

I have a Boden6 with the EMG 57/66 set, and a spare Juggernaut that didn't fit in my MusicMan Axis. It's taller, and wound larger than most other pickups. I don't have it with me and the Boden needs some work before I can put a passive pickup in it, so figured I'd ask for first-hand experience...

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
That staircase looks pretty dangerous. Wouldn't want our master builders to get injured.

On a side note, DAT BURL.

Inceptic

Reaction score
Has any of your guys managed to fit a Juggernaut in a Boden?

I have a Boden6 with the EMG 57/66 set, and a spare Juggernaut that didn't fit in my MusicMan Axis. It's taller, and wound larger than most other pickups. I don't have it with me and the Boden needs some work before I can put a passive pickup in it, so figured I'd ask for first-hand experience...

I saw quite a few of the recent Bodens from the koa run equipped with soapbar Juggs.

ikarus

Reaction score
And winner of the prestigious "Worst koa top" award goes to:

PLINIOS6-s.jpg

Honestly, is that even koa?

Agreed!

I wish they would release a swamp ash OS (body and top made of swamp ash, look wise like a B6 for example) and stop that "figured wood horror show"....

marcwormjim

Reaction score
I'd love a wood selection that prioritizes weight over the "shop with your eyes" aesthetic - But I'm pretty sure Ola does, too; and had to err on the side of what made the most business sense.

Even so, that one of the most common complaints is the cosmetic matter of the figuring being lower-grade than most Rondo guitars should be a clue to either go big or go home with it.

My ideal compromise would be for him to test the waters with a run of non-figured OS's, and maybe raise the cost of the figured ones by $20-50 to ensure a consistent 3A-grade veneer is being put out by WMI.

ryanougrad

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to what needs to be done to convert the OS7 to passive? Mainly the grounding on the bridge? I have one incoming and if I don't like the actives will change over fairly quickly.I've already read up on the need for a soapbar shape and that if going BKP go blackhawk or custom, also custom with Duncan.

I searched a bit on the forum and couldn't find it. Pretty sure I saw it around here before.

SevenStringJones

Oh Billy
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to what needs to be done to convert the OS7 to passive? Mainly the grounding on the bridge? I have one incoming and if I don't like the actives will change over fairly quickly.I've already read up on the need for a soapbar shape and that if going BKP go blackhawk or custom, also custom with Duncan.

I searched a bit on the forum and couldn't find it. Pretty sure I saw it around here before.

Ground Zero | Strandberg Guitarworks

There you go

eugeneelgr

Reaction score
Wierd question, but I'm waiting on a made to measure 25.5 inch 6 string, and i cant help but notice how big the strandberg bolt on heel is. I may be wrong, but it seems like it extends way up, till around the 16th fret. I've watched a lot of reviews for it, and many have commented on how this has affected higher fret access despite the huge/spacious lower cutaway.

Anyone can chime in on this? Owners?

Thank you.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
The heel is really big. But amazingly, you don't really notice it at all. I have very small hands and can leave my thumb on the neck and play all the way up to the 24th fret just fine on any of the Strandbergs I've played. It never felt too big or in the way.

I only noticed how big the heel actually was when I played one of his neck throughs. Narad will back me up on this. We played our guitars side by side, and while #44 has much better fret access because of the neck through, you don't really lose much with the bolt on. I would say it's not a negative of the bolt on, but a positive of the neck through.

You shouldn't notice it too much.