The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
Overall I think the lineup is a mess. Too many different models and specs where even within the range options change depending on the number of strings. Why no HSS 7 and 8 string Classic for example?

The only thing I like is that they offer other body woods than swamp ash.

I agree. I saw the HSS classic and got really excited for the 7 string because I really like a single coil neck sound on a 7 string, then was quickly disappointed.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Jescar frets are very nice and ns18 is a much harder alloy than what you would get on most guitars. This is on par with caparison or mayones for the fret itself...... I still prefer SS though. Really feeling like my current os7 is a much better asset now.

jemfloral

Reaction score
Ehh I might just sell my OS8 LE and some other guitars and just buy a j series 8, at least japan gets dope finishes like trans orange.

Yeah, the J-series still has everything I would want from a strandberg including the stainless frets and cool finishes. GAS has still got me contemplating one of the Classic series for alternate tunings though :rolleyes:

Let me know if one of those guitars you "may" sell ends up being the S7 strandy, please! :wavey:

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Yeah the tuning stuff is nice, however the synth sounds are meh at best... Sounds so cheasy and 80's. I thought it was Jordan Rudess playing some new DT material... Ooops
;)))

ikarus

Reaction score
So do I get this right: If I want a Boden OS int the current incarnation with ss frets and made in korea then I have to be quick because it will be discontinued?

littleredguitars2

green canaries
Reaction score
just released a new song. heres the playthrough video where i use my new Boden US custom shop and my os 6. the rhythm tones were actually done with my 1st blue strandberg which i no longer have but had the same bare knuckle juggernaut pickups. leads were mostly with the purple one with the BK crawlers. might've used the juggs a bit there too.

marcwormjim

Reaction score
So do I get this right: If I want a Boden OS int the current incarnation with ss frets and made in korea then I have to be quick because it will be discontinued?

At this point, it's seeming like February's OS run will be the last. If enough people vote with their wallets, though, I can see the specs being reintroduced - It's not as if the whole line is leaving WMI.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Man those prices are high. The price I paid for my one was not that much higher given it was a M2M. Ola is one hell of a business man.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Man those prices are high. The price I paid for my one was not that much higher given it was a M2M. Ola is one hell of a business man.

Honestly at this point if I was going to get an OS I'd just find a way to scrounge up the extra for Swedish CS.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Honestly at this point if I was going to get an OS I'd just find a way to scrounge up the extra for Swedish CS.

I do agree but then again, I also remember it took about 2.5 years from getting on the waiting list then receiving the guitar...

BlackStar7

Lord Autumnbottom
Reaction score
That lineup is a mess.

What's with this brand and all the custom models? I wish they'd cut them out until they can nail down a basic lineup, especially since they also can't seem to nail down decent tops or reasonable prices. Those players are obviously all incredibly talented, but I've always suspected most people are just buying their models for the specs. And I imagine having to pay the artist just drives up the already steep prices...

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I do agree but then again, I also remember it took about 2.5 years from getting on the waiting list then receiving the guitar...

Oh, I don't mean M2M - those prices have skyrocketted (or maybe it's just the exchange rates). But the Swedish CS is like + $1300-ish over the OS line? Seems like the way to go for what one might think of as a quality control guarantee.

KnightBrolaire

Say yes to Chugs
Reaction score
figured I'd show you guys the refinish I did on my custom shop 8. also put instrumental sfty3-8 pickups in and swapped the knobs to bocote ones.
Before:
abnzlz.jpg

After:
33cvudg.jpg