The .strandberg* Thread

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Avedas

Reaction score
Looks nice. Not 100% sure on the painted neck yet.

I'm having a bigger issue with 7 string options though. I absolutely do not like the Endurneck profile on the current production models, but they have 26.25" scale which I want (or a bit longer...). On the other hand I really love the 7 string Endurneck on the MIJ Bodens, but they only have a 25.75" scale which is a hard no for me.

Why must life be so difficult?

jco5055

Reaction score
Looks nice. Not 100% sure on the painted neck yet.

I'm having a bigger issue with 7 string options though. I absolutely do not like the Endurneck profile on the current production models, but they have 26.25" scale which I want (or a bit longer...). On the other hand I really love the 7 string Endurneck on the MIJ Bodens, but they only have a 25.75" scale which is a hard no for me.

Why must life be so difficult?

I think I played a Korean Boden ~1 year ago, any idea if that was the "old" Endurneck? As I didn't even notice it at all which I considered a plus/I had good technique, but when I tried the Longfield models at GC I did not really like the Endurneck on that.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I think I played a Korean Boden ~1 year ago, any idea if that was the "old" Endurneck? As I didn't even notice it at all which I considered a plus/I had good technique, but when I tried the Longfield models at GC I did not really like the Endurneck on that.

if it was an os there’s a 95 percent chance it was the old neck. There were a few transition guitars with different specs.

I also don’t like the new necks as much. It’s a very obvious difference too between my os and my salen

Avedas

Reaction score
$500 upcharge for neck through isn't too insane I guess

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
it's not super bad...but it's not super good either?

If I didn't have 3 enduranecks...I could maybe go for one?

but like 2800 I might as well get that Aristides headless for a few hundred more.,

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
I want the orange Fusion.... But honestly for a few hundred cheaper I feel like I'd be just as happy with a bolt-on Fusion.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I really want a Fusion.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
jesus christ, almost 3k usd for a neckthru. You may as well track down a washberg or a j boden at those prices...
Seriously I don't understand others in this thread. It's $3k for an indo made production model..... That's more expensive than my Aviator custom which has WAY more options and build quality over these. Sorry but I just don't understand how these are worth it at all.

KnightBrolaire

friendly neighborhood pickup tester
Reaction score
Seriously I don't understand others in this thread. It's $3k for an indo made production model..... That's more expensive than my Aviator custom which has WAY more options and build quality over these. Sorry but I just don't understand how these are worth it at all.
PrOpRiEtArY hArDwArE/dEsIgNs hurr hurr

jemfloral

Reaction score
To clarify, I was looking at the metal model and saying that it's the same price as the Longfield model. Was expecting them to price it at $3K (not because that's what I think it's worth but because that seemed the likely premium they'd charge for neckthrough). I didn't even see that the fusion model is another $300 on top of that! :scratches head as to what is so different about the fusion models:

And yes, the metal model is still expensive. I'll take an older OS model all day long.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
Why not make a Metal 7 neckthru? Kind of a no brainer. I guess they’re testing the waters.

@Albake21 : The only reason I might buy an eventual 7 neck thru is because I have left hand problems and the Endureneck is the only neck I’ve tested that doesn’t result in hand pain after long hours. The ergonomic body is also nice for classical position playing.

That being said, they’ve always had upper tier prices.

I could also get a Vader neckthrough for 1500$... and 7 strings... and all the custom options I can imagine... and a bit of hand pain. I dunno...

Last edited:

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Why not make a Metal 7 neckthru? Kind of a no brainer. I guess they’re testing the waters.

@Albake21 : The only reason I might buy an eventual 7 neck thru is because I have left hand problems and the Endureneck is the only neck I’ve tested that doesn’t result in hand pain after long hours. The ergonomic body is also nice for classical position playing.

That being said, they’ve always had upper tier prices.

I could also get a Vader neckthrough for 1500$... and 7 strings... and all the custom options I can imagine... and a bit of hand pain. I dunno...
But then you're stuck with a Kiesel

Casper777

Slow Player
Reaction score
Love the design of the Fusion NT... but as I already have CS models with that option, for the price I might as well turn over to some nice Boden J models... just waiting for the end of November for the CITES to be over for instruments :) :)

Latest posts