You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ScottyB724

Reaction score
#TeamElliot

+1,

Also I have to say when I saw them earlier this year with Ashe I was blown away at how perfect his performance was so idk, maybe I got lucky, or maybe he's not as atrocious as that one dude keeps making him out to be.

ByDesign

:::::::::
Reaction score
Saw them live with both Dan and Ashe. Ashe killed it. Both vocalists aren't perfect live, however I love Ashe's more ethereal vocals and though it better contributed to the vibe that the band seems to be going for.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
The two times I saw Ashe with tesseract, he sounded good, but there was definitely extreme use of backing tracks

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
I really hope that is a signature Ibanez prototype. Tune-o-matic + RGD + Neck-thru PLEASSSE Ibanez....

it's a LACS he got 3 years ago so I doubt it :(

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/178236-tesseract-ibanez-cusom.html

here is a frontal pic of it

2h2lhra.jpg

Connor

Guy
Reaction score
I'm semi team Ashe. However I love Dan. ITS JUST A LOVE TRIANGLE GUYS, LIKE WHEN THE BIEBZ WAS BANGING GOMEZ AND THAT OTHER BIRD.

But not really. Dan > Ashe live, mainly due to the ridiculous amount of backing tracks Ashe uses, partially because of the way Altered State was written.
Ashe > Dan recorded, again, this could just be the whole One being material from getting on 10 years ago, I feel like AS was an improvement on One
:2c:

WildBroskiAppears

Reaction score
I think AS would have been an improvement over One regardless of the vocalist. They're progressing as musicians, in writing and execution. I love both albums, and I think Ashe's vocals really added a level of surrealism to the music. Not only that, but the timbre of his voice really does sound rich when it's heavily layered like that. That being said, Dan has SO much more power and versatility, as well as consistency, live and in studio.

Matyrker

Reaction score
I'm semi team Ashe. However I love Dan. ITS JUST A LOVE TRIANGLE GUYS, LIKE WHEN THE BIEBZ WAS BANGING GOMEZ AND THAT OTHER BIRD.

But not really. Dan > Ashe live, mainly due to the ridiculous amount of backing tracks Ashe uses, partially because of the way Altered State was written.
Ashe > Dan recorded, again, this could just be the whole One being material from getting on 10 years ago, I feel like AS was an improvement on One

Totally see where you're coming from.

exclamation-mark

Reaction score

I think some of that may have to do with immense mixing/mastering done on Altered State, which (IMO) sounds 100x better than One based on this alone. I always thought the 'live' version of concealing fate done in the studio sounded way better than the album. The same can be said about Dan's vocals on these performances - I'm not sure if he actually got that much better in something like a years timespan, or if it was just mixed better?

They did the same 'live' in the studio thing with some of the Altered State material but I kind of felt the opposite way... The album still sounds amazing though!

Maku

Banned
Reaction score
I think some of that may have to do with immense mixing/mastering done on Altered State, which (IMO) sounds 100x better than One based on this alone. I always thought the 'live' version of concealing fate done in the studio sounded way better than the album. The same can be said about Dan's vocals on these performances - I'm not sure if he actually got that much better in something like a years timespan, or if it was just mixed better?
I think that Altered States features the best djent (im sorry) tone I've ever heard and One is just too 'silent'??. Also the production value of AS is magnificent, and it's one of the most important factors that makes me find myself loving the album over and over again.

Like in Concealing Fate P1: Acceptance, the part in 05:20 could be the best, most aggressive shit, but it's just so, I don't know, not loud, love the riff tho.

Like most of TesseracT fans, I can't really take a stand in this vocalist game, loved Ashe, loved Dan, happy for both of them.