You want TesseracT+Periphery gigs in Europe in 2010?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • I'm just jealous because I don't live in Europe

Votes: 32 38.1%

• Total voters

John_Strychnine

I Was Once Groove.
Reaction score
Just got sent this by Acle to check out.

The whole album is ridiculous. Altered state was incredible, but this is just next level. Production rules hard too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
Does it have harder-edged stuff again? I quite liked most of "One," but really didn't like Altered State one bit, I didn't like how the entire thing was so massively drenched in dreary vocal overdubs and every single song was just the same vocal style over and over again. Is this another step down the vocal overdub trail with no growling? The sample above is unclear. I like that the vocals are back to being more ethereal in the mix, but would be happy if not every song was that style.

A-Branger

Reaction score
i_love_it_horse_tomska_by_shadow_darkwolf-d72gdr5.jpg

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
I feel like Dan is taking hints from what Ashe did, and is making it his own. Not sure how I feel about this song, but I'm sure a few more listens will tell me.

Been dying for some new TesseracT, with either vocalist. So we'll see what the whole album is like.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
First listen - Needs a intro, I miss Ashe
Second listen - Should be heavier, I miss Ashe
Third listen - Sounds like they've been jamming some for dream pop and taking some ideas from that, I miss Ashe
Fourth listen - Salp bass, heavy Groove and dream pop the logical conclusion of all the music that I enjoy I love Dan's vocals 10/10.

Tesseract are playing Australia but I'll be in the middle of my HSC and I would have a test that day and the day after... :ugh:

A-Branger

Reaction score
Tesseract are playing Australia but I'll be in the middle of my HSC and I would have a test that day and the day after... :ugh:

I know :hbang: also Periphery is coming too.

fu&* the test :fawk: go banging, if you prepare yourself, you shouldnt why have to study the day before. Go to the gig, take it eassy, dont drink, once finish, go home, sleep.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
Always pumped for new Tesseract. Altered State has gotten steady rotation since it came out. It's a damn shame Ashe isn't on vocals anymore, I thought he fit really well, but Dan's back so yeah...greatness is on the horizon!!!!

New stuff sounds great.....always pumped for new Tesseract.

Veldar

Is Post-Thrash?
Reaction score
fu&* the test :fawk: go banging, if you prepare yourself, you shouldnt why have to study the day before. Go to the gig, take it eassy, dont drink, once finish, go home, sleep.

I just re checked my HSC timetable, looks like I had the wrong week I'm free taht day and the next so I'm going :hbang:

MiPwnYew

Reaction score
I saw Acle comment on a post yesterday on FB where he said that particular track is his least favorite on the album and that the label/manager wanted to "play it safe"

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Just listened to the new song and I think it's pretty decent. I like it better than anything I heard off of Altered State so that's a plus.

Tr3vor

Reaction score
Whoa, the tone on the guitars in that song is strange, I like it. Its going to be more than a month till the release of the album? I can't wait.

I always kinda liked Altered State more than One, I wonder how this one will sit with me.

goherpsNderp

no refutin' rasputen
Reaction score
I saw Acle comment on a post yesterday on FB where he said that particular track is his least favorite on the album and that the label/manager wanted to "play it safe"

i feel like this is becoming a new trend. one that i particularly enjoy.

the downside: some people might get scared away from an album with a teaser track that isn't very good.

the upside: if you actually dig the teaser track, the rest of the album should blow you away.

Xplozive

Reaction score
I know :hbang: also Periphery is coming too.

I agree. Hsc isnt the be all and end all of your life!
When i saw tesseract a few years ago with periphery in sydney they blew periphery away..in saying that recent periphery shows have neen amazing. Cant wait to see both these bands in october! October is a good month for gigs

Masoo2

Reaction score