The V and X Shaped Guitars Thread!

• Thread starter STRHelvete
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Vs and Xs and Stars, oh my! I didn't see one dedicated to this. I know there is one somewhere but couldn't find it. Xiphos, Flying Vs, Warriors, Stars, MLs, Bastards, Beasts, Ignitors, Stealths, etc. I'm also allowing Iceman guitars since they fall into their own category and there's no thread for them. Drop yours below

1713676015899.png

1713676280741.png

1713676349601.png

download.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whoman Bean

Pointy only.
Reaction score
How's that G-400?
Pretty good, very solid guitar, bought it back in 2007, since then heavily modified - got rid of Floyd and everything else, only wood is from Epiphone 😀 I'm still in love with that guitar though, play it every day.

ChAoZ

Build Addict
Reaction score
Honduran Mahogany body with a lightly figured Blackbean top, 6 piece Wenge neck with Indian Rosewood fretboard, jumbo stainless steel frets Gotoh truss rod, bridge and tuners, Seymour Duncan - Slash pickup set, black pearloid binding on body and neck including headstock, strung with a set of D'Addario 10's, sounds and plays as good as it looks \m/ > < \m/

292539286_5141803399272249_3240151170201661564_n.jpg

Reaction score
Honduran Mahogany body with a lightly figured Blackbean top, 6 piece Wenge neck with Indian Rosewood fretboard, jumbo stainless steel frets Gotoh truss rod, bridge and tuners, Seymour Duncan - Slash pickup set, black pearloid binding on body and neck including headstock, strung with a set of D'Addario 10's, sounds and plays as good as it looks \m/ > < \m/

View attachment 142443
Untitled (3).jpg

l1ll1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Vs and Xs and Stars, oh my! I didn't see one dedicated to this. I know there is one somewhere but couldn't find it. Xiphos, Flying Vs, Warriors, Stars, MLs, Bastards, Beasts, Ignitors, Stealths, etc. I'm also allowing Iceman guitars since they fall into their own category and there's no thread for them. Drop yours below

View attachment 142430

View attachment 142432

View attachment 142433

View attachment 142435
I need a new seven like a hole in my foot, but that Wes Hauch Iceman is so god damn good.

Elias_Kapravelos

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My two current Xs, one is a bone stock WRXT Jackson with 10-52s (C#) and the ironbird was originally a single hum body art model that I've modded to hell with EMGs (81-85) and a Kahler (stock 7300) with 10-46s (D#). Currently looking at getting a pointy RS body made for a kahler loaded JH-200 LTD I have (can't really vibe with the super strat shape but I love the neck and kahler).
IMG_20240421_150305556.jpg

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Hell yeah, big fan of "X" shaped guitar here since the day I purchased my weird ass Godin Redline Nemesis pictured below. Got the Jackson WR7 MAH a couple of year after and I'm one click away from ordering a custom Charbonneau Starcrusher 7, just awaiting my tax report, if I don't get hit with payments I even got my girlfriend's blessing (although at this point, she just don't care anymore, I always end up buying the crap I want ahahah)

As far as Godin goes, the Redline was their most ever hard rock/metal oriented models and the Nemesis was the ultimate metal machine in that line up. its a weird take on the whole "X" shape, often compared to EVH's Shark guitar. I reached out to them after I acquired it (at an awesome deal, 500$CAD with the molded hard case) and they told me they only produced it for a single year and although they couldn't give me the number, less than 100 were made. Ripped the EMGs out as I had a set of Seymour Duncan Silverbird set that I wanted to try (pictured below) but I hated them and put a set of Dimarzio D-Ax and X2N.

20180725_123624 (Large).jpg

Second one I got is the Jackson WR7 MAH as my current band is on 7 strings and I didn't had one anymore. Those were just announced and I got it on pre-order. Didn't cared for the Floyd so I blocked it, but man is this thing a beast. Never took the time for a proper NGD thread so here's my impressions anyway. Super duper fast neck, this thing is a shred machine. They added bevels compared to the original swamp ash WR7 as people complained about that. Pickups are Dimarzio Imperium, Davidson's sginature. Didn't had too much issues with the low output they have given my amp has gain on tap out of the wazoo, they do give some pretty good clean especially on coil tap mode. Sorry for the shit picture, lighting is really bad at the rehearsal place.

20221117_222902 (Large).jpg

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
IMG-6454.jpg
I hope op finally went to bed.

Here’s my most recent

JSil13

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I also have a few that I'm currently building. The 7 string is black limba with a flame maple/ziricote neck. The 6 string is a super dense and heavy mahogany body with a maple top. I chambered it like a thin line to get rid of some of the weight. It also has a flame maple/ziricote neck. I really need to get back into my shop at some point and finish these things.

Latest posts