The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
There's this youtube video of some european people doing an acoustic cover of Resistance with a female vocalist and I think it sounds pretty dope. Not like real of VoM, but not bad. Makes me think that it's at least possible to do something cool with a chick singing.

This one? Because I think that actually sounds pretty awesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Big_taco

Reaction score
It's not happening. And the fact that Metal Injection had to make a point to disclose who she's dating shows how sad their state of "journalism" really is.

Dude also shared it on his Facebook page with the line of "check out my girlfriend's audition." Think that was before the metal injection post. My previous post about the new singer being female had nothing to do with this. More a joke after Marc's comments about the new album being their most feminine.

ayaotd

Reaction score
I really liked their vocalist. Great live. I don't think cleans are VoM like to me. Bands always go through evolutions and changes, but I think an abundance of cleans will just not keep me. Eclipse had a few good songs, TCM and [id] were real great albums for me. Change, it sucks some times. Hoping for the best though!

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I'd be really keen to hear VoM with cleans in there too.
Could add some great dynamics to the music.

KJGaruda

Likes a good riff
Reaction score
I don't hate clean vocals at all, if they're well done (I.e, Opeth, Anciients, etc.) well placed and not whiny/nasally, but a lot of non-progressive bands in a similar vein of VoM have a nasty habit of doing exactly that and it damns what would probably be a pretty good musical effort on it's own.

I'm open to anything though. If there are cleans, it's at least worth a shot to listen to draw an informed opinion, and at the end of the day, an opinion is all it is. :shrug:

concertjunkie

Reaction score
I was at the show tonight, whether this guy is a temporary fill in or permanent member, he pulled it off. Kudos to Lukas, VoM did awesome :)

anomynous

Reaction score
Looks like VoM deleted all posts as to who the vocalist is on their fb page.

K then.

anomynous

Reaction score
The new vocalist's mom was posting on their status asking if anyone had videos and revealed who it is. Now those posts aren't there.

So Derpy

Reaction score
Did no one get a video of the new vocalist?? All I can find is that short instagram video previously posted

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
As someone who knows the dude they chose and played music with him, all I have to say is that he will absolutely kill it in Veil Of Maya. He has an insane range of harsh vocals as well as absurdly solid cleans if they want to go that route. He also is a great live performer and writes extremely cool lyrics. Don't think people will be disappointed.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
whoa good cleans where he doesn't sound like he's singing straight from his nose? Could definitely go for some of that on the next album

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
whoa good cleans where he doesn't sound like he's singing straight from his nose? Could definitely go for some of that on the next album

Yeah liking what I'm hearing :agreed:

All that's left is Marc to bring the RIFFS

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
Never really got into VOM but with a bit more dynamic in the vocal department I'm definitely excited.

Also, seems like my blog posted about the new vocalist before Metal Sucks, Metal Injection etc. That feels better than it should. Second time something like that has happened.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
I don't think cleans will be bad. They would have sounded trite/cliche on something as obviously deathcore/tech-death as TCMC, and out of place on the sheer rawness of [iD] but if they continue in the direction of Eclipse/Subject Zero I feel like tasteful cleans would add another dimension to one of the most solid bands in the Sumerian roster/current metal scene.

Also, why all the BoO hate?