The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
I liked a few songs on Matriarch okay, but I just can't get excited about this band anymore for some reason. The YouTube comments on the new songs are extremely toxic, and anyone who doesn't like the new stuff is being called a basement dweller (why?).

I get it, bands change, they're going to do their thing. It just bums me out a little that I'm unable to enjoy what they're doing now.
At least they aren't Born of Osiris.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

squids

Reaction score
I liked a few songs on Matriarch okay, but I just can't get excited about this band anymore for some reason. The YouTube comments on the new songs are extremely toxic, and anyone who doesn't like the new stuff is being called a basement dweller (why?).

I get it, bands change, they're going to do their thing. It just bums me out a little that I'm unable to enjoy what they're doing now.
i mean sucks for you i guess. i like the new stuff and i still jam their old stuff every once in a while. everyones a little different i suppose

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score

I think a lot of people knee jerk when someone says they don't like how they've changed because you can check their facebook anytime a new clip gets posted. People just saying "oh you're so generic. such a periphery rip off hurrr" and things of that nature that don't add to any constructive conversation. It can get annoying seeing the same old thing from people just mindlessly shitting on something.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with not liking something, I guess I just feel there should be a level of, not so much respect, but a level of not being a dick head for extreme lack of a better term in conveying an idea, especially something so subjective as musical taste. Not saying you're being a dick head either haha. Totally understandable that you just fall out of love with a band. I've done it with a ton of bands and shit happens. Just to give some possible perspective as to why some people are calling others basement dwellers lol. Not that I agree with it just to give some perspective maybe.

bmth4111

Reaction score
Does anyone know what amp models marc uses in the axe fx. Or what amp models he used on false idol or eclipse? Love the tones in both albums!

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
Does anyone know what amp models marc uses in the axe fx. Or what amp models he used on false idol or eclipse? Love the tones in both albums!
He's gone through using several Axe-Fx amp sims. The tone on both albums is totally different.

The tone on Eclipse was whatever Misha Mansoor's stock patches were at the time since Misha produced and engineered the album. So, probably the 6160 sim (Peavey 5150) or Das Metal sim (Diezel VH4) or Energyball sim (ENGL Powerball) since those three were the top contenders for all of the djent kids back then. I'm pretty sure that Misha's old, basic patches are floating around online.

The rhythm tones on False Idol were all done with an EVH 5153 amp as far as I am aware.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
I remember being pretty butthurt when False Idol came out but I guess it's not that bad, just bummed that Marc is tuned so low now (F# on a 7 instead of drop B on a 6)

We'll always have CMC and [id], and Matriarch is pretty dope too

Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score

For the eclipse it was an Axe-Fox ultra, it believe it was literally. overdrive—>5150sim—>Cab (The one that says METAL)

Adjust it all to taste and have a strong gate and you’re there.

bmth4111

Reaction score
Are you guessing by the sound of the tone or did you get this information somewhere?