The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked about this. I always found the vocals to be pretty lackluster. Only my opinion of course.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
I could do without, but that's not up to me lol. I'm glad they're decent sounding and not whiney. Video was hilarious :lol:

Also, I have to say his screams sounded particularly brutal in that clip

Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just like that im no longer interested in the album:lol:
it seems like Marc has given up the riffing style that made his playing stand out from other guys. its weird to see that they went from TCMC and [id] to this generic wannabe Periphery metalcore trash.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty solid and true to what VoM is/was with the addition of cleans, if a little bit overproduced. Also, I'm pretty stoked that while the cleans are high, Lukas still sounds like a dude. I love Periphery but Spencer's preteen vocals have kind of ruined them for me of late.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just like that im no longer interested in the album:lol:
it seems like Marc has given up the riffing style that made his playing stand out from other guys. its weird to see that they went from TCMC and [id] to this generic wannabe Periphery metalcore trash.

huh? I heard runs in here like It's Not Safe to Swim Today, a pattern a lot like Unbreakable, another bit reminded me of Punisher.. we already heard the other tune has almost exactly the same guitar intro they've been doing since Common Man's Collapse. And the chorus on this new one was perfect, nice simple guitar part with a sweet vocal line, Killswitch Engage style.

So refreshing to hear a Veil song .. really, just a current metal song, with a great hook

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
That was awesome :metal: I agree it's missing a little bit of that chaotic sound I usually associate with VOM but it's still clearly Marc playing.

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
I love it haha I'm such a sucker for catchy clean vocals and Veil has always been a big influence on me. However, I thought Eclipse was very boring, so this is an extremely welcome change of pace for me, and I'm so stoked about it! I'll probably pre-order the album if I have enough spare cash

EDIT: It is definitely giving me the feel of like ERRA and other Metalcore/Proggy metalcore bands

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
eclipse was literally the boringest. If this new album is even marginally less boring than eclipse I'll be marginally more stoked than I am right now (not having heard the new track)

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
God dammit. This new song would be so good if there was a different vocalist on the track. Lukas' harsh vocals are so generic and boring, and his clean vocals just aren't good for VoM's style. Musically, this new song is streets ahead of Eclipse, but once again, I feel like Lukas' vocals are the weakest link in the track.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I could never get into these guys because of the vocals. I don't think I've ever listened to a song past the first chorus but this is MUCH better. I'll definitely be checking out this album when its out.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Lol we all knew there was gonna be clean singing like 9 months ago when the new album was described as being feminine, and that dude that sings a bunch in some of his previous works was added as their vocalist.

Is Anyone that follows VOM legit surprised? if so, your silly dawg.

The New track is cool. Better then eclipse by a mile.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm diggin it. My only gripe is that I was hoping the new song would be the one that they previewed in the "Breaking Bands" video.

TheBigGroove

Reaction score
Idk...I like the new song. He obviously has a strong voice. Not usually my thing but seriously Id listen to this a million times before I'd give the old vocalist another chance...he was garbage.

Seriously what the hell is up with the lyrics though??? maybe they will make more sense when they release the rest of the lyrics and I know what the .... he means in the chorus part...without being able to put it into context it seems silly to arrange the whole song around four vocal lines that don't make any sense by themselves

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
^This is something I'm really curious about as well. Cause everyone had the same problem with Phoenix, and assuming that song is on the album as well, that's two songs that have quite repetitive themes in them, lyrically. Kind of makes me wonder if the whole album is going to come together in a way that it all makes sense as a whole.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
X9EZsMW.png

I...

I like it .