The Veil Of Maya Superultramegathread!

• Thread starter JosephAOI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Finally listened through Matriarch, liking it better than Juggernaut, haha! Missed their show in my hometown, but they sounded pretty ....ing spot on, I'm bummed I missed it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vent187

Reaction score
Finally listened through Matriarch, liking it better than Juggernaut, haha! Missed their show in my hometown, but they sounded pretty ....ing spot on, I'm bummed I missed it.

Damn! Jesse Pinkman has improved so much already. Thanks for the share!

shpence

Reaction score
Wow the bass in the clean section of "Lucy" is awesome. They sound great.

Jaek-Chi

Reaction score
I'm going to get chopped for this, but i can't stand them since the new vocals. Haven't heard a single song since that i like. Love all the previous stuff, they just aren't my cup of tea anymore :/

Reaction score
I'm going to get chopped for this, but i can't stand them since the new vocals. Haven't heard a single song since that i like. Love all the previous stuff, they just aren't my cup of tea anymore :/

You're for sure not the only one here that feels that way dude. IMO their new vocals are cringe worthy at best and don't fit at all over Marcs, now mediocre, riffs. Gotta do whatcha gotta do to pay the bills though:yesway:

squids

Reaction score
New song sounds great. riffs are Common Man's Collapse-Eclipse-ish, there are some cleans but they're not as extreme as the last album. Seems like theyre on a good path.
dont understand the music video at all tho haha

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
All you have is just "bwown-nown bwow-ne-ne-nown bwe-ne-nown-nehwn-neh-nown."

Does sound pretty dope though, and Magyar sounds good

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I like it! Video is a little weird which I find can heavily take away from a song, I'll wait to hear it again when the album is out and decide then. I try not to exhaust singles before an album is out nowadays.

Axiom451

Reaction score
LOVE the new Song. I loved the Clean Vocals on Matriarch and didnt really get the hate. Might even consider Matriarch as my fav VoM Album.
The guitar and snare tone on the new Song is unreal.
Stoked for more!

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I do find the music video almost a detraction/ distraction, from their previous ones. it just feels kinda "off" ,the song is decent but doesn't kill it like "Mikasa" to be honest

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Not as solid as most of Matriarch but promisingly they seem to continue in the same style which is great.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I have to give it more spins, As previous songs and vids connected way more with me. actually I think the video hurts the song.

Last edited:

squids

Reaction score

This song is way better than the first one imo. also now the Overthrow music video makes sense! Homie got dragged into the water

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I liked a few songs on Matriarch okay, but I just can't get excited about this band anymore for some reason. The YouTube comments on the new songs are extremely toxic, and anyone who doesn't like the new stuff is being called a basement dweller (why?).

I get it, bands change, they're going to do their thing. It just bums me out a little that I'm unable to enjoy what they're doing now.