Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
So I've pretty much narrowed my choices for my next 7 to either an LTD (undecided on which model) or an Agile (this one Agile Septor Elite 727 EMG MN Black Flame at RondoMusic.com)

I've never played an Agile, but I've always been under the impression that their quality was pretty much equivalent to that of Korean LTDs and Schecters. I did a search however, and around here it seems to be a very widely held opinion the generally speaking, LTDs are all around better quality than Agiles. Is this true? I'd believe it for signature models and deluxe maybe, but what about something like the LTD MH-417? That is made in Indonesia if I'm not mistaken...

MockingQuantum

Reaction score
So I'm buying my first seven string and I've spent a ton of time looking. I think I've narrowed it down to a couple of Schecter options, and I'd like some experienced feedback.

I'm trying to decide between price brackets, mostly. I like the Damien Elite, the Hellraiser C7, and the Jeff Loomis.

What I'm wondering is, how much of an improvement is there between the three models? If I'm going to be paying almost $300 more for the Hellraiser ($850 vs $570 for the Elite), would I be better off paying the extra $50 for the Loomis? Or is there a better option than these three that I'm overlooking? I'm not married to the idea of getting a Schecter, but my budget is about $8-900, and I've been able to actually play the Damien and Hellraiser.

Also, I'd really like a tremolo, but how much of a headache are they on 7-strings? Am I better off staying away from the FR models of the Hellraiser & Loomis?

the britt shredder

Why Else?
Reaction score
The hellraiser's finished neck feels so much better than the one on the damien. i dont know much about the loomis but the hellraiser is certainly worth the 300$ more because it will last you forever, and let you play forever comfortably.

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
So I'm buying my first seven string and I've spent a ton of time looking. I think I've narrowed it down to a couple of Schecter options, and I'd like some experienced feedback.

I'm trying to decide between price brackets, mostly. I like the Damien Elite, the Hellraiser C7, and the Jeff Loomis.

What I'm wondering is, how much of an improvement is there between the three models? If I'm going to be paying almost $300 more for the Hellraiser ($850 vs $570 for the Elite), would I be better off paying the extra $50 for the Loomis? Or is there a better option than these three that I'm overlooking? I'm not married to the idea of getting a Schecter, but my budget is about $8-900, and I've been able to actually play the Damien and Hellraiser.

Also, I'd really like a tremolo, but how much of a headache are they on 7-strings? Am I better off staying away from the FR models of the Hellraiser & Loomis?

When I was picking up my second seven string a little while back I played the Hellraiser, Loomis and ATX. I bought the ATX because I did not want a trem and I preferred the blackouts. That said, the loomis was a very close second. I would definitely buy that one if I wanted a trem. The satin neck just feels smooth and there is no gaudy abalone.

ilovefinnish

Reaction score
hi guys,i'm planning to buy a new guitar and i'm having trouble to decide which one to buy.
my 3 options are: an Ibanez S5470, a Washburn WM526 (if i find one) and an a Agile Interceptor 625.
i love to shred but i play rhythm parts mostly, i play tech death stuff (The Faceless, Wretched, Obscura, etc). Sadly i haven't the opportunity to try any of these guitars, and where i live, there's no dealer or friend that has one. So if any of you guys can tell me your opinions about any of the guitars i will appreciate it.

steve1

Reaction score
Schecter Omen 8 vs your suggestion.

Looking for a super cheap 8 to experiment with. Planning to go for a high A so shorter scale lengths would be good. No Agiles (I'm in the UK) As long as its playable I'll be happy, I wouldn't expect to find great quality at this end of the market.

Edit: I went for the omen. Pleasantly surprised by it, definately exceeded my expectations for its price. Its currently a 7 string, getting to high A didn't go too well :lol:

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
LTD have some entry level 8s around the same price, and they have a 25.5" scale length. I haven't played one, so I can't offer a comparison with the Omen 8 (which is a surprisingly good guitar for the money).

Also worth checking out musicians friend second hand gear - I picked up a schecter hellraiser c8 special in brand new condition for the same price as the omen 8 is new in a shop - and got free international shipping because it was over $500. The Hellraiser has some very nice specs too. Worth having a look imo.

synergy11

Reaction score
I am going out to try these two guitars today in the GTA.

Ibanez RG827 Premium 7 or Ibanez RG1527Z Prestige 7. Help!

However I am getting people's opinions on here who have hopefully tried these models out.

I will most likely swap out the PUPs.

The prestige is $1300 CDN and the premium is $899.

Thanks

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Depends what you prefer man. Play both and decide which feels best at the time ;)

And definitely swap the pups out

Santuzzo

Reaction score
I think you can't really go wrong with either. Both are great guitars, IMO.
When I compare my Premuim with the Prestige, I feel like while the Premium is not 100% on par with the Prestige, it is very close. To me the Prestige just feels and plays a tad bit better, but I think the Premium is still a very good guitar.
Just try and see which one you like better, like I said, can't go wrong with either.:yesway:

cesarlol

Reaction score
i am play mainly death metal melo death and some clean things

i am trying to choose a good 7 strings and the pxd vicious devin tonwsend , jeff loomis signature seemed a good choice
also if have any opinion on the damiem elite seven please share thanks ^^

marfer70

Reaction score
Greetings to all!

This is my first post, although i've been watching this forum frequently.

I'm from Spain and i play guitar for about 15 years. And, after some Fender Strats, Ibanez (all 6 string) and Gibson guitars i'm toying with the idea of getting a 7 string. I play mainly metal/shred.

The guitars i'm looking are the:
- Schecter Jeff Loomis FR
- LTD H-1007FR

I can get them about the same price, so money is not important between the two.

So what you think? Between these two, what do you consider to be a better guitar? I simply love the maple of the Jeff Loomis, and all the reviews say that it's a fantastic guitar for the money and one of the best 7 strings available. But the LTD 1007FR has that Transparent Black finish that i also love...

Like i said, i play mostly metal and shred (think Nevermore rhythm work and Jeff Loomis kinda shred), so i'm confident the Schecter delivers. But what about the LTD H100FR, is it in the same league as the Schecter, can't go wrong with this LTD too? Or is one or another hands down a better guitar?

I just want your opinions, for those who have/played these 2 guitars. Unfortunately, the place where i live, there's no music store with them in stock where i could try them, so any info/input between these two would be extremely welcome. :)

Thanks in advance!

bcolville

Reaction score
Ok im new here so I dont really know how this works.
I want to know what you guys think about the Ibanez ARZ400 (Six string) VS Ibanez ARZ307 (Seven string)

I have about four years of experience but have never played a 7. I kinda want to get into it. The only difference is the strings and the pickups. Whats better, an extra string or better pickups for the same price?

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Another Carvin (already have one, love it) vs an LTD 7 string, something like the AW-7 at the higher end or the EC-407 at the lower end of the price range (don't know the band at all, but the guitar looks nice).

Is Carvin on another level of build quality altogether, would you say? If so to one or both the LTDs? What's the difference in the LTDs apart from the price?