Votes: 21 52.5%

Votes: 19 47.5%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Neon_Knight_

Reaction score
I've been looking at a Jackson I've got here with a floyd in it, and it's.... ok? There's something about the way my hand rests on the bridge, where mutes on the heaviest string just don't have as much weight to them as they have on other bridges, but I can't figure out why that is. Maybe the angle the string enters the saddle? Maybe the shape of the individual bridge saddles? Maybe it's not actually the bridge, but the board radius that's throwing me off? I don't know.

Okay, maybe I just figured it out: With the S, with the ZR, my palm rests on the raised pivot point. That pivot, and the low-b saddle, form a sort of little valley that my wrist lands in, and it's just a natural resting spot where chugs happen. The floyd is missing this, so my wrist doesn't land anywhere naturally, other than trying to sit in the gap where the string meets the saddle, but of course that's a very shallow space, so you don't "feel" i t. I could probably get used to it, but it's an adjustment.

The Edge Zero is basically a hybrid of the ZR and the Lo-Pro Edge. All three models are different to an Original Floyd Rose (OFR), so disliking an OFR n a Jackson doesn't really tell you whether you'd like / dislike any of the Ibanez bridges.

1716472003360.png 1716472032795.png1716472176259.png

Left-right: ZR, Edge Zero, Lo-Pro Edge

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I've gotten very familiar with that ZR over the years. Maybe my comfort level is just from familiarity.

I messaged the guy with the 3127, since it's newer, and the orange is rad. However, I noticed that ad's been up for a long time, so we'll see if it's actually still available. If he doesn't answer shortly or something seems sketchy, I'll message the other guy.