there are far too many non guitar/non gear non music related topics on SSO lately.

• Thread starter ShredmasterD
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I've never been punched in the face. I can't say I've never deserved it, but I've done pretty well avoiding it so far.

I did, however, once backhand someone in the back of the head while they weren't expecting it, and it's become a core memory. Something like sibling shenanigans, I guess. He was trying to get under my skin, because he's a shit disturber, by badmouthing my friends. I warned him to stop. He did not stop. So I wound up and hit him as hard as I could muster, with enough effort to get that adrenaline time-slow kind of effect. He had been peacefully eating cereal, which went flying everywhere. Didn't speak to me for a week after.

I'm not proud of it. But I'm kinda proud of it. For all the times he'd pick fights with me, I don't feel bad about the one time I fought back.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
I've never been punched in the face. I can't say I've never deserved it, but I've done pretty well avoiding it so far.

I did, however, once backhand someone in the back of the head while they weren't expecting it, and it's become a core memory. Something like sibling shenanigans, I guess. He was trying to get under my skin, because he's a shit disturber, by badmouthing my friends. I warned him to stop. He did not stop. So I wound up and hit him as hard as I could muster, with enough effort to get that adrenaline time-slow kind of effect. He had been peacefully eating cereal, which went flying everywhere. Didn't speak to me for a week after.

I'm not proud of it. But I'm kinda proud of it. For all the times he'd pick fights with me, I don't feel bad about the one time I fought back.
I'm pretty non-violent but I believe ideologically in "talk shit get hit." This paints a beautiful mental image, thank you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
I've been punched in the face, but they were friendly punches. With some of my friends who I've known my whole life, when we were teenagers we'd do dumb stuff like wrestle and fight eachother with boxing gloves, or dare eachother to do 50 pushups in a row while being pretty drunk and stoned. Some fights could get a bit intense especially with the alcohol, but it's all good. It was good for releasing bad energy.
Those friends are way better fighters than me now, they train martial arts, etc. Offer me to join sometimes, but I always tell them I'm not much of a fighting person anymore. Idk I feel a bit embarrassed about it, I'd like to be better at fighting like them. But music has been my love all these years, maybe now that my ears are screwed that will change..

SalsaWood

Scares the 'choes.
Reaction score
Back in the day me and my friends were all just allowed to fight as long as we didn't make a scene. We'd wrestle for hours over the dumbest stuff. It was all fun though, or usually it was. When it wasn't we didn't tear each other up too badly.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Ya know, to this day I've never been punched in the face. Some may be shocked by that information, some ask if I'd like to be, but in the infinitely wise words of Mathew McConaughey, "I just keep livin'."
tumblr_mq4yciuVJ41r18yf5o8_r2_250.gif

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
I mean... I remember when it got shut down and the offender was banned. And I agree that it's a good move to get rid of any aggressor ( especially someone who's been warned) but I felt like the thread was otherwise fairly humorous and civilized with the majority of posters maintaining respect for one another.

And to counter your counterpoint... bringing it back might cool some heads in other threads and keep them more on topic.

Meh... I see both sides. It's whatever.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I mean... I remember when it got shut down and the offender was banned. And I agree that it's a good move to get rid of any aggressor ( especially someone who's been warned) but I felt like the thread was otherwise fairly humorous and civilized with the majority of posters maintaining respect for one another.

And to counter your counterpoint... bringing it back might cool some heads in other threads and keep them more on topic.

Meh... I see both sides. It's whatever.

I don't even remember what it was that got it shut down at this point

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
I don’t know what’s going on in this thread, or why my name is in quotations, but I’m up for a good scrap. My mom can drop us off, if one of your moms can pick us up.