This song...is HECTIC!

• Thread starter FooBAR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FooBAR

n00bling
Reaction score
I've started listening to old-school metal only recently...and, boy, this Megadeth song blew my mind!

So frickin' intense...and so much BALLS!

Haven't heard anything more modern that got my blood pumping as fast as this song got it...especially from the beginning upto the 2:15 mark.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rosal76

Reaction score
IMHO, it's Megadeth's perfect song with all the best elements. Thrashy parts, technical parts (verse riffs), slow parts, groovy parts, awesome solos from both Marty Friedman and Dave Mustaine. There is nothing they could have added to make the song even better. :cool:

boingti

Reaction score
Its an awesome song to play along with, the whole album is good ;))

watson503

Los Cochinos
Reaction score
What a great song, and to think that solo was done on the first take... fucking awesome.

mcd

stuff and thangs
Reaction score
IMHO, it's Megadeth's perfect song with all the best elements. Thrashy parts, technical parts (verse riffs), slow parts, groovy parts, awesome solos from both Marty Friedman and Dave Mustaine. There is nothing they could have added to make the song even better. :cool:

IMHO, it's Megadeth's perfect song with all the best elements

Is there an echo in here?

and my fav Megadeth song too

wankerness

Reaction score
It's definitely one of the greatest song intros in history and I love the first verse I just am not real keen on all the slow riffs in the middle. Good solo in there though.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
stay away from the remastered album version though.

Seems this way with all of Megadeth's remastered albums, it's like WTF? I own all their albums up to Symphony on cassette tape so for my MP3 player I'd downloaded the albums and hated the remastered versions, especially SFSGSW. They raised the volume of backing parts that should've stayed buried, removed a lot of the reverb which gave the album it's own somewhat darker vibe, and a few other things I can't recall right now. I deleted them and downloaded all the original releases instead.

As for the OP, boy you're late to the game on this song/album :lol: But yeah, it's certainly quintessential Megadeth at their absolute best. The whole album is awesome and the solo in Holy Wars is by far one of my all time top favorites ever. I'd thought Marty played that solo then when I watched some live footage it was Dave playing it each time, kickass.

Rev.

wankerness

Reaction score
Seems this way with all of Megadeth's remastered albums, it's like WTF? I own all their albums up to Symphony on cassette tape so for my MP3 player I'd downloaded the albums and hated the remastered versions, especially SFSGSW. They raised the volume of backing parts that should've stayed buried, removed a lot of the reverb which gave the album it's own somewhat darker vibe, and a few other things I can't recall right now. I deleted them and downloaded all the original releases instead.

As for the OP, boy you're late to the game on this song/album :lol: But yeah, it's certainly quintessential Megadeth at their absolute best. The whole album is awesome and the solo in Holy Wars is by far one of my all time top favorites ever. I'd thought Marty played that solo then when I watched some live footage it was Dave playing it each time, kickass.

Rev.

I just remember the first time I heard the remastered version I was instantly just like WTF as soon as I heard the new toms sound on that very first riff, it was so ridiculous sounding. I'd heard the original way too many times to be able to stand the bizarre modern sounds they replaced all the drum parts with.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
The most glaringly obvious thing I noticed when I heard the "new and improved" remaster of Take No Prisoners was the re-recorded vocal track.

Needless to say, :scream: :noway: :wallbash: :mad: :wallbash: :ugh: :noplease: :poop:

24 bit 96kHz vinyl rip of Capitol Records 180g press or GTFO.

Bauer91

Reaction score
Rust In Peace is easily one of my all time favorite albums yet I believe I've only ever listened to the remastered version. :/

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
da menza is back

Seems like the Marquis Marky Effect® to me (thanks, hard drugs!). Basic beat is there, mssing a lot of the subtleties.

Still better than Shawn Drover though.