Toby Fox's (Undertale) new project Delta Rune

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ExileMetal

Reaction score
I got chills in the first three minutes, just like Undertale. Toby Fox is brilliant, he truly considers the player at the forefront of his design and continuously subverts your expectations. Just awesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqn3p9

Toby talks more about the game.

tl;dr:
As most people assumed, it's an alternate universe/world.
The script and music is completed. But the only part of the game that's finished is the demo. He hasn't started making the full game (the art/programming)
He needs a team to help him actually complete the full game, otherwise he either sees the game taking a long time to make, or won't be made at all.
No Kickstarter/preorders.
No multiple endings.

On the other hand... Toby's king at subversion, so who knows? I like to think he's trying to be honest, though, so people don't go crazy or overhype themselves.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Wait, so this Delta Rune thing is just a demo? I was under the impression it was the whole game, but I don't have time at the moment to try it out.

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Wait, so this Delta Rune thing is just a demo? I was under the impression it was the whole game, but I don't have time at the moment to try it out.
It's the first chapter of the game. About 2 or 3 hours. Play Undertale first.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's the first chapter of the game. About 2 or 3 hours. Play Undertale first.

Yeah, this. Toby makes it sound like it's going to be a standalone game (that was even in "development" before Undertale), but you won't "get it" unless you beat Undertale. Thoroughly.

Still pretty dissapointed it's possibly a LONG ways away. I understand why, due to it's possible ambition. But shit man, I need more. :(

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
Yeah, this. Toby makes it sound like it's going to be a standalone game (that was even in "development" before Undertale), but you won't "get it" unless you beat Undertale. Thoroughly.

Still pretty dissapointed it's possibly a LONG ways away. I understand why, due to it's possible ambition. But shit man, I need more. :(
When I heard about it, I thought it was just announced. Then there was a demo. Then I played it all night. I never expected Undertale 2, and this was excellent. I hope Toby takes his time and makes something really good.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
When I heard about it, I thought it was just announced. Then there was a demo. Then I played it all night. I never expected Undertale 2, and this was excellent. I hope Toby takes his time and makes something really good.
I agree with the latter. I hope he doesn't rush it. But it sounds like this game will likely kill his sanity. Either he has to work solo and work years upon years, or have trouble directing a team.