Tool announce new album, Fear Inoculum, coming August 30

• Thread starter rifft
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
I’m happy they are finally going to stream the albums! And the new one too

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Welp, guess I may have to eat my words about the album not actually coming.......... is what I'm hoping to say on August 30th whilst listening to the album.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Why is streaming a big deal with albums? Doesn't everyone already have them or can get tehm for free? Just kidding.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
^And part 2 of Wintersun's Time.

Why is streaming a big deal with albums? Doesn't everyone already have them or can get tehm for free? Just kidding.

Most people don't own a CD player anymore with phones and iPads being their main way of listening to music. Even laptops, desktops and cars don't come with them anymore. People tend to like the ease of use of streaming and of course most people don't want to go to iTunes anymore and pay for an album the same price as a month of streaming.

Avedas

Reaction score
Good.

Unless Tool was like your favorite band in the world or something I don't see any reason to be salty about them. It's fun to rediscover an old band after not listening to them for years. Tool just does that for you deliberately.

Reactions: fps

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I wonder if they will bother with a single and video. After such a long wait, it might be in keeping with their mystery simply to release the album on the day.

brector

Reaction score
I wonder if they will bother with a single and video. After such a long wait, it might be in keeping with their mystery simply to release the album on the day.
Their IG account said "Lead Track info TBA"

Reactions: fps

Nonapod

Reaction score
Maynard complaining about how everything is "done by committee" in Tool and how "There's a dynamic of, 'I want this and I've always gotten my way and that's why we're successful, because I don't compromise.'" seems to perhaps be directed at someone specific. I'm not saying that someone is named Adam Jones... but it's Adam Jones.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Maynard complaining about how everything is "done by committee" in Tool and how "There's a dynamic of, 'I want this and I've always gotten my way and that's why we're successful, because I don't compromise.'" seems to perhaps be directed at someone specific. I'm not saying that someone is named Adam Jones... but it's Adam Jones.
I remember many years ago reading about them joking about how Maynard's "the lazy one" and Adam's the "slave driver", so yeah.