Tool announce new album, Fear Inoculum, coming August 30

• Thread starter rifft
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

coreysMonster

Abrakadabro
Reaction score
Christ you people are so whiny. Such negative bs all the time.

Decent band releasing a new album? Cool, stoked to check it out.
That's because some things are popular and people don't realize that they don't like those things as much as they actually should, which is exactly as much as I do.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
That is really awesome for the Tool fans. I'm just not into them anymore. Used to LOVE Undertow, Opiate and Aenima but after they "matured" I just couldn't jive anymore.

I will check it out for sure but not expecting much.

Jacksonluvr636

Reaction score
Almost forgot.

Christ you people are so whiny. Such negative bs all the time.

Decent band releasing a new album? Cool, stoked to check it out.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Ah c'mon man, he's like the resident shitposter. He never has anything of actual value to add, but sometimes its funny.

You get me!

barney-stinson.gif

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I'm excited to hear it. I just hope it isn't Lateralus B sides vol.2. 10,000 days was like Lateralus B sides and the 2 new live songs that were put up a while ago sounded kinda like that. I hope I like it, but I'm sure if I don't and mention that opinion it will be due to my own ineptitude and lack of deep universal spiritual connection, because they are such great ones that command nothing but the highest levels of praise and to be bowed too, of course, as they talk about anal fisting and other perverted sexual fetishes, cause I'm the one with the problem. The use of metaphors and imagery doesn't make you a genius. Sorry, that's how it was a little bit when I gave my opinion on 10,000 days back then. I like Tool's music for the most part though, I just think people take them way to seriously sometimes. They don't have anything to teach or show me spiritually other than a reminder of what not to be like.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
On the most basic of levels everything except for Undertow is lost upon me... their later material seems very contrived and I just don't get into the songs like I do "Bottom" or "Sober". Also Maynard seems kind of insufferable sometimes in interviews, not to mention the lingering feeling that the band's entire existence is some type of fifth-dimensional in-joke that I don't quite understand because I'm not some depraved antisocial genius-level cynic.

I am, however, excited that Undertow will now be on Spotify.

Also, the above is my opinion and you don't have to agree because you can have your own and that's what makes America great. :)

Sammy J

Reaction score
It's not like 13 years is unprecedented as a wait time for an album.

Gorguts took 12 years between 'From Wisdom to Hate' and 'Colored Sands'. Cynic took 15 years between 'Focus' and 'Traced in Air'. Carcass took 18 years between 'Swansong' and 'Surgical Steel'.

Bottom line is, all those comeback albums slayed and I fully expect this Tool one will too. They're a quality band with no one able to imitate their specific sound. Hopefully it won't feel re-hashed, but given how talented the individual members are - I'm confident this will be one of the albums of the year.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
On the most basic of levels everything except for Undertow is lost upon me... their later material seems very contrived and I just don't get into the songs like I do "Bottom" or "Sober". Also Maynard seems kind of insufferable sometimes in interviews, not to mention the lingering feeling that the band's entire existence is some type of fifth-dimensional in-joke that I don't quite understand because I'm not some depraved antisocial genius-level cynic.

I am, however, excited that Undertow will now be on Spotify.

Also, the above is my opinion and you don't have to agree because you can have your own and that's what makes America great. :)

We're not all in America man!

I wish Undertow had a slightly more lively production. I find it a tricky record after the first three tracks, with the exception of 4 degrees which is a peach.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
It's not like 13 years is unprecedented as a wait time for an album.

Gorguts took 12 years between 'From Wisdom to Hate' and 'Colored Sands'. Cynic took 15 years between 'Focus' and 'Traced in Air'. Carcass took 18 years between 'Swansong' and 'Surgical Steel'.

Bottom line is, all those comeback albums slayed and I fully expect this Tool one will too. They're a quality band with no one able to imitate their specific sound. Hopefully it won't feel re-hashed, but given how talented the individual members are - I'm confident this will be one of the albums of the year.

I hope even if it's a bit rehashed that it sounds gorgeous. I was actually a touch disappointed with the more organic 10,000 Days production with MJK's vocals lower in the mix, compared with the powerful separated sounds of Aenima and the overwhelming mingling of everything on Lateralus. On reflection, this is probably because the album was a lot patchier.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck the haters! ;)

I'm very much looking forward to this! Especially after seeing Tool live at Copenhell festival here in Denmark! :p
I never thought I would get to see those guys live, so that concert was something very special to me :)

Hoping for some sweet preorders! Day 1 buy for me :p

Latest posts