Tool announce new album, Fear Inoculum, coming August 30

• Thread starter rifft
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BuckarooBanzai

Reaction score
We're not all in America man!

I wish Undertow had a slightly more lively production. I find it a tricky record after the first three tracks, with the exception of 4 degrees which is a peach.

It was just a cheeky turn of phrase akin to "this is why we can't have nice things", "...and that's how I met your mother", etc. etc. I am keenly aware that not everybody lives in America and have actually lived abroad myself. I don't mean to patronize you with a dry reply; I just want to set the record straight before somebody decides to take it the wrong way and flame me.

I am with you on Undertow but having cut my teeth on lots of 70s prog and hard rock I'm pretty used to flat-sounding production. There's a guy on YouTube by the name of Metalmucil that actually remastered Undertow and did a very tasteful job with it but it seems as though it's been removed. Damn shame.

Reactions: fps

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

toolsound

Reaction score
I created my username in high school when I was a huge, huge fan of the band. I'm not quite the raving fan I used to be but I'll probably always consider them to be my favorite band. I'm not going crazy for the next album yet, but I'm interested and hopeful that it'll be a good one.

People gripe about the amount of time it took for this album, but I think it's worth noting that Maynard has been working hard during the downtime: Building up his businesses in Arizona, releasing new music with APC + Puscifer, and touring with Tool occasionally. I was very happy with the last APC album.

The Mirror

Reaction score
Did somehow half of this sub forget that they couldn't release the album until 2015 because of the lawsuit and the illness-situation one of them had to deal with?

Sure that's still 4 years ago, but a 4-5 year gap between records is the absolute norm with tool since Aenima.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I created my username in high school when I was a huge, huge fan of the band. I'm not quite the raving fan I used to be but I'll probably always consider them to be my favorite band. I'm not going crazy for the next album yet, but I'm interested and hopeful that it'll be a good one.

People gripe about the amount of time it took for this album, but I think it's worth noting that Maynard has been working hard during the downtime: Building up his businesses in Arizona, releasing new music with APC + Puscifer, and touring with Tool occasionally. I was very happy with the last APC album.
Exact situation I'm in, and same opinion.
Did somehow half of this sub forget that they couldn't release the album until 2015 because of the lawsuit and the illness-situation one of them had to deal with?

Sure that's still 4 years ago, but a 4-5 year gap between records is the absolute norm with tool since Aenima.
I don't remember this. What was the lawsuit and illness?

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
Yeah, honestly the time between releases means verrrrrrrry little to me. If I’m a fan of a band, I’m not some impatient child about shit. When they decide to release something, I go buy it because they’re good at what they do. I grew up without having constant access to music news and all sorts of bs, so when an album came out, it was a surprise. You would walk into a record shop and there would randomly be a new album by a band you loved, and you’d freak out because you had no expectations whatsoever. It was nice.

Nonapod

Reaction score
To everyone doubting that a 13 year long baking time doesn't mean an album's any good, it took Axl about as long to release "Chinese Democracy" and as we all know it was well worth it since it's clearly the GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIME!!!... right?

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Their music is finally on Spotify as of today. I'm more excited about this than the new album.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Preordered this morning. Was hoping for a nice gatefold vinyl, but this will be interesting at least.

The album will be available digitally, and in a special Limited Edition physical package that includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card.

Chris Bowsman

Nu-Metal Apologist
Contributor
Reaction score
Ten minutes of my life I'll never get back. Tried to give it a go, went in with an open mind and just came out disappointed.

Is the word you're looking for "anticlimactic"?

With 100% sincerity, I'm happy for the people who are really excited about this. They will not be disappointed. For anyone who is blah, it is not going to change their mind.

Latest posts