Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
mod edit: since you're releasing stuff frequently let's put it in this thread

Hi everyone, I just released a free EP. Tuned to G#0 standard (10-string tuning). Link here:

Unjustly Labeled

Written and recorded within two months as an experiment to see if a whole album played in such a low tuning would be too monotonous, and as a way to alleviate boredom. Tell me what you think! :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Dug it. Bought it. :yesway: I'm working on something sort of similar with some other people via the internet.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Thanks man!

Oh, and I forgot to ask in the op, what should I do about publicity? Should I send a link and introductory mail to some small blogs and review sites like Heavy blog is heavy? Any advice would be appreciated!

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Thanks man!

Oh, and I forgot to ask in the op, what should I do about publicity? Should I send a link and introductory mail to some small blogs and review sites like Heavy blog is heavy? Any advice would be appreciated!

No problem! My advice would be to make a facebook page, contact promotional pages like Total Deathcore, Heavy Blog, DuckCore, etc. and have them promote your music. Also, try to find bands similar to your sound and message them about posting a song or a link to your page.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Sounds Killer! I dig Cognitive Dysrhythmia.

Glad you like it, man!

No problem! My advice would be to make a facebook page, contact promotional pages like Total Deathcore, Heavy Blog, DuckCore, etc. and have them promote your music. Also, try to find bands similar to your sound and message them about posting a song or a link to your page.

Hmmm, good advice, but can I really contact -core related sites when I'm not really Deathcore? I'll see about setting up a facebook band profile and stuff to begin with though.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Purchased! Sounds awesome man. That was also my first transaction in Swedish Krona :D :lol:

Thanks! I have to ask, it is downloadable without paying as well, right? Just so I know I haven't goofed something up!

Also, I made a facebook band page. It's pretty empty right now with nothing to show, but it might see some use in the future. I also sent out a mail to heavy blog is heavy.

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
Unjustly labeled and me originally planned to coorperate this (he instrumentals and I do vocals) but his workflow was just so fast that I could not keep up with him and I had trouble getting stuff done, glad he managed to do the vocals without me!

This is an example of the song crushing monotony with work in demo progress vocals by me:
https://soundcloud.com/caynug/unjustly-labeled-crushing

Good work mate, hope I could help you stay sane during the whole recording and writing progress.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Unjustly labeled and me originally planned to coorperate this (he instrumentals and I do vocals) but his workflow was just so fast that I could not keep up with him and I had trouble getting stuff done, glad he managed to do the vocals without me!

This is an example of the song crushing monotony with work in demo progress vocals by me:
https://soundcloud.com/caynug/unjustly-labeled-crushing

Good work mate, hope I could help you stay sane during the whole recording and writing progress.

I just want to thank you for all your support, man. This probably would have ended as a single lonely track buried in soundcloud if you hadn't pushed me to do this! Thanks! :wub:

Nykur_Myrkvi

Reaction score
Forgot to post here. Bought it on Bandcamp. Loving it.

I pointed it out to a couple of friends of mine. I showed one of them this followed by a couple of different bands, his comments "Your only mistake was starting with Unjustly Labeled, after hearing that nothing will ever sound heavy again."

jehu12141987

Reaction score
HEAVY. Like having a thousand pound gorilla sitting on your chest while exhaling. And yes, that is considered heavy in a good way!

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Forgot to post here. Bought it on Bandcamp. Loving it.

I pointed it out to a couple of friends of mine. I showed one of them this followed by a couple of different bands, his comments "Your only mistake was starting with Unjustly Labeled, after hearing that nothing will ever sound heavy again."

Thank you for spreading word about my stuff! Appreciate it!

HEAVY. Like having a thousand pound gorilla sitting on your chest while exhaling. And yes, that is considered heavy in a good way!

Oh, trust me, it gets heavier. I'm already working on a full album, and if the EP is like a gorilla sitting on your chest, then what I'm working on now is like an elephant jumping on your ribcage! :lol:

DeKay

Caynug
Reaction score
Really loving this album, it's one of a kind for sure. Make sure to keep that own "style" for your next album :)

Schizo Sapiens

Reaction score
Came here to say that I regularly listen to your stuff. It's not only HEAVY but also very well composed.

Unjustly-Labeled

Reaction score
Came here to say that I regularly listen to your stuff. It's not only HEAVY but also very well composed.

Thanks! And I was thinking of including a rerelease of this EP with better production when I release that full album, but don't worry, I'm not gonna pull a Tesseract! It's gonna be an addon, not half of the new release! :lol:

If you wanna follow the progress of said album, I've got a progress thread over at Recording studio: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/re...8-string-down-10-semitones-played-slower.html

Latest posts